We are still going through the nightmare of allowing someone to move into our home a "couple" of days before closing. The "buyer" wanted us to move out of our home on Dec. 23rd. We were told by our agent that a lease was oerfectly acceptable before closing. I should have looked at this site before proceeding with her recommendation. Supposedly, they had to be out of their home by the 23rd. That proved to be untrue. Who insists on someone moving out of their home two days before Christmas? This should have been an early warning sign. After it became obvious closing would not happen until the end of December, we stayed put. We were told closing was moved to Dec. 30th. We were also told that the buyers wanted to move in by the 27th. We began moving quickly to be out of our home by the 27th. We were waiting on the "field review" often done with jumbo loans. Our agent kept telling us this review was merely a formality, and NOT a second appraisel. We kept wondering why we were not seeing this second review "happen". Finally, we told our agent we were not going to continue with the move out of our home until we had some guarantee this closing was actually going to happen. Our agent, yes, OUR agent, called the buyer's lender and had him call us. Basically he told us the buyer had such wonderful credit he could purchase our home with cash. Really? He told us the same thing our realtor did...field review not appraisal, just a drive by review of first appraisal. His words exactly..."a mere formality". He basically assured us there was NO WAY this closing would not happen. We moved out and as we were moving buyers were moving in. Then we find out closing is postponed again. We start making phone calls and find out the drive by field review, which happened from the highway (our house is 600 feet off of main road) had come in $100,000 less than first appraisal. The nightmare begins. Buyer threatens us if we do not let him completely move in, though there was no charge for them moving into our home. Half of their belongings are in our home, walls and floors damaged, front door frame cracked, etc., and they want to continue moving in with FIVE dogs. There was no lease money, and we allowed them to move in based on Dec. 31st closing. Therefore, when closing was postponed, we blocked anymore moving into our home. Buyers agent asked for more time, but insisted they would walk away if we did not allow them to lease house for nearly entire month of January. Can you blame them? They must have thought we were either the most stupid or most trusting people they had ever met. There was never a discussion by the buyer as to how he planned to resolve the $100,000 difference in appraisals. So, can you imagine the difficulty we would have had getting these bullies out of our home if they had moved in and signed a lease? It was a nightmare allowing them in for two days. I can only imagine what would have happened had that turned into a month. The result of all of this? We had to pay a lawyer just to keep a small portion of the earnest money for damages to our home. The x-buyer did not even want to be held responsible for the damages his moving company did to our property. Our realtor and agent have taken no responsibility for this mess. We missed our closing on another house, the low interest rate we had procurred, and caused another family to move out of their home before it was necessary. We are paying, at this moment, for all of our belongings to be stored in pods. We are on air mattresses, camping in our home. Too much detail? I say, not enough. PLEASE, do not EVER let anyone move into your home before the closing date, even if they seem to be the most trustworthy people in the world. Things can go wrong at the last minute. We are proof of that!