How can i search to find the top selling agents in my zip code?

Asked by B, Buffalo, NY Thu May 8, 2008

Answers

6
rdToledo, , Buffalo, NY
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Mr b...remember we all number 1...look in your local paper...I guess we're number 2...but we work hard
rdToledo, , Buffalo, NY
Sun Aug 8, 2010
Drive around and view which agent has sold signs in your neighborhood or just ask a family or friend who they would trust
Colleen Augu…, , 14221
Fri Jan 16, 2009
I just wanted to chime in that each agent is different and being the top seller, does not justify picking them to sell your home or find you one for that matter. This is a common misconception though.
Bay Jackson, , Shreveport, LA
Tue May 27, 2008
Are you looking for a Realtor to sell your home? If so, decide what is important to you. You should find several realtors to interview. Miriam had a great suggestion, call the broker/manager and tell them what type of agent you are looking for. They should be able to recommend several for you to interview. Have them give you a listing presentation. How will they market your home? How will they service you as a client? How often and by which method will they communicate? Is it more important to you how many homes they have sold, or what their list to sales price ratio is? Often times (and no offense to anyone!!) but some top listing agents have a support staff, and once the listing agreement has been signed it will be handed off to one of their assistants and you might not see that agent again until the closing table. You also need to decide which company you want to represent you. Who has the most integrity with their brand? In your area who has the most listings? What company has the largest market share in your area? Is that figure based on dollar volume or units? You've got a big decision in front of you. You could also ask your friends and neighbors for references, that is always a great place to start. Best of luck to you!
miriam treger, Agent, Williamsville, NY
Tue May 27, 2008
top in what? volume, units, satisfaction, service??? best to check the web and get references. call the manager and ask about their top salespeople/associate brokers. don't be shy and ask about what type of Realtor would fit your needs.
Jan Mars, Agent, Memphis, TN
Thu May 8, 2008
Most cities have a Realtor Association. Here in Memphis it is called Memphis Area Association of Realtors, MAAR for short. Our association has a Multi-Million Dollar Club, currently you must sell 3.5 million dollars worth of property in one year to be a member of the club. If you meet this goal five out of eight years you will become a lifetime member. I am sure there are similar "clubs" in your area.
I would start my search with the local Realtor Association.