amylynn71, Home Buyer in Menifee, CA

How can i find the title company that handled my sold home (I can't find my HUD-1)?

Asked by amylynn71, Menifee, CA Wed Jul 16, 2014

If an attorney was involved in the sale, perhaps contact him/her...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 16, 2014
I need to know who is my title company in my property

1611 E. 31 street.
MInneapolis MN55407
the two best placesare first your lender, who maintains files on transactions and second to the real estate company, even if your agent has gone to another company or retired all states have record retention laws.
You can also contact your lender. Your lender will have this information.
In the state of Florida, the brokerage who your Real Estate Agent worked (or still is working) for is required to hold all records of a transaction for several years. Usually (in the state of Florida) the Seller chooses the Title Company, however, if you've forgotten, contact the brokerage who your Realtor worked for at the time he/she sold your home, and ask them for the Contract for Sale and Purchase. On the Contract for Sale and Purchase SHOULD be all the information about the Title Company that you'll need.

Best Wishes and Warm regards from "The Sunshine State!" :)

- RA.
You might not be looking in the right place. Usually next to where the amount is listed for searches there is a name of a title or settlement company. However, it should be on the first page where it says Settlement Agent. Is this from a California property? There is also an Upper Marlboro in New Jersey. If it is there, you would have had an attorney, if in California, you would not have most likely.