How can I sell my share in a 36 unit townhouse co-op in Stamford CT?

Asked by CONNIE DREHER, Bridgeport, CT Wed Mar 21, 2012

The current co-op that I live in will be paid for in sept of this year(2012). I am interested in taking steps to sell my unit. The unit is a 3bd/1ba townhouse. Co-op was built in 1972

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kim Benedict, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Fri Oct 31, 2014
Bets way if to find an agent that works for their clients and get the job done. It needs to be marketed correctly, shown as mush as possible, and price right!
0 votes
Margaret Rai…, Home Buyer, Bronx, NY
Sun May 25, 2014
I will buy your town house if it is reasonable,I have been looking in the Stamford area for something like
0 votes
Peter Plourde, Agent, South Woodstock, CT
Thu Mar 22, 2012
The best way if you want is to contact me and I can set you up with an agent that specializes in co-op resales. I know of several great agents that realy know there job. I can be reached at 860-377-9185 ask for peter or send me your details and I can send them to them and they can give you a call and meet with you.
0 votes
Jill Fine, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hi Connie,

You can sell it yourself or enlist the help of an agent who understands your Association
coop rules and regulations. In Stamford, I have listed and sold several coops units at River Haven
(54 W North St.) The Hamphire (Strawberry Hill Ave.), Sylvan Knoll , Parkview (53 Prospect),
in Greenwich at Putnam Park and in Norwalk at Dreamy Hollow (41 Woofpit).
You have to look for the right Buyer, one who will qualify with the Coop Association restrictions and requirements and the right Lender, one who will finance coops in Connecticut. Your buyer has
to understand the limitations and rewards of a coop living.

Best wishes,
Jill Fine, Broker
Colonial Properties
970 Summer St., Stamford,CT 06905
0 votes
Chuck Sienki…, Agent, Milford, CT
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Contact the association and they will tell you what they require for you to sell your share.Most co-ops have very specific requirements for selling of shares.Hope this helps...................Chuck
0 votes
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hello Connie,
The best way to market your property for sale and give it the most exposure to buyers is by enlisting the help of a local real estate agent who is knowledgeable about the co-op market in Stamford.
Please, feel free to contact me to discuss selling your home in more detail.
I welcome the opportunity to help.
Thank you,

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes
Charles Nedd…, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Wed Mar 21, 2012
This is Charlie Nedder, I am a Realtor with Coldwell Banker. Many co-op owners list their shares for sale with a Realtor. The Realtor is responsible for marketing and will present all offers directly to the owner. The shares are very often marketed, similar to real property.

Charlie Nedder
Coldwell Banker
0 votes
Andrew Davis, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Mar 21, 2012
I am glad to assist you with the sale of your Co-op. I am very familiar with the local Co-op and condo market. You can reach me anytime on my cell 203-249-7430.

Best Regards,
Andrew Davis
Prudential CT Realty
0 votes
Missy Freccia, Agent, Stamford, CT
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Yes, you are able to sell your unit. There are not too many coop units still remaining and there are rules and regulations as stated that will need to be adhered to but it can be listed and sold as any other coop or condo unit.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more