How can I list my house for sale by owner on trulia.com

Asked by Debbie Rhodes, 270 Fern Lance Sat Jul 21, 2007

Answers

6
Vicki Masell…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sat Jul 21, 2007
The short answer is that presently you cannot - only licensed brokers and agents can post their listings to Trulia's site. See the link below for more details.
Katrina Bent…, Agent, Anchorage, AK
Sun May 12, 2013
You may be overlooking one of the most important benefits of working with a real estate professional.

A vast majority of the people who visit "for sale by owner" homes are casual lookers, unqualified prospects, bargain hunters, and thieves.

Letting strangers into your home without an agent running interference can put not only your property as risk, but your family members as well.

If you are trying to sell your home yourself, you have no way to screen prospects. I do.

As an experienced real estate professional, I can spare you the headaches that go with selling a home, including screening prospective buyers.

Call me 907-865-6469, and take the risk out of selling your home - and get you the best price in the least amount of time.

Thanks!

Katrina
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sat Jul 21, 2007
Hi, Debbie.
I realize you want to save the cost of the commission, and selling your home without representation is certainly an option. Let me ask you, if you were facing an IRS audit, would you bring along your CPA? If you were sued, would you forgo hiring an attorney?

The reason I ask this is not to scare you. Truthfully, all homes are sold "by owner". The difference is, you are selling "without representation". After you sell your home, are you planning to buy another? Will you be using a Realtor? Why?
Because we're free and you want to negotiate the best price, right? Over 90% of the time, buyers use a Realtor to find their home. So I am curious...if that is true, then why would someone exclude 90% of the potential buyers for their home?

I realize that you may have good reasons to try it on your own. I suggest talking with some Realtors and challenge them to prove that they can really help you, as opposed to simply charging you a lot of money for something you can do yourself. If they cannot prove to you that you would benefit, then go for it.

I would ask them a couple of questions:
1. Tell them why you want to sell, and where you want to go. Can they help you achieve that goal, and how?
2. Tell them how much you want to net from the house, and if you do not receive your net, what your plan is. Ask them if they can provide you with an estimate of net proceeds and what they can do to maximize your profit?
3. Ask them why they charge what they do, to show you exactly what they do to bring you the best offer. Then ask them if they can sell your home for a discounted commission. Listen, watch, and learn.

Keith
Out of four home purchases, I found every one of them myself even though I was working with a realtor. Not one of the realtors found as many homes for me to look at as I did on my own! Out of three home sales, I did almost all of the work of selling two of them despite my having real estate agents, and the third sale was to people who happened to be driving by and liked my house and they had no agent because they weren't actively looking to buy. So those are good questions to know to ask before I sign on with another agent the next time I'm selling.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
lindwood par…, Agent, Anchorage, AK
Sat May 11, 2013
Did you know that the typical "For Sale By Owner" home sells for 15% less than an agent-assisted home. That is because an experienced real estate professional will know how to get you top dollar for your home. Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks!

Lindwood
Gideon Saund…, , Anchorage, AK
Sat May 11, 2013
"Let me ask you, if you were facing an IRS audit, would you bring along your CPA? If you were sued, would you forgo hiring an attorney? "

A normal purchase is nothing like "an IRS audit". A better analogy would be, "When filing your taxes, would you do it without a CPA?" Well, the answer is, yes!
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Aug 10, 2007
At this time Trulia is only available to properties that have been listed with a broker. If there is anything I can do to help please email me or visit my website.
Web Reference:  http://pamwitnerbauer.com