How can I find out which realtors have sold property in my area in the last 6 months (other than checking the profiles of individual agents)?

Asked by Soon2move, Madison, WI Wed Sep 30, 2009

Answers

7
Edith Karoline Jasser’s answer
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Wed Sep 30, 2009
Hi Soon2move,
Are you still in touch with the Realtor with whom you bought your current home?
Otherwise, a recommendation from an Agent or someone you know and trust will work!
When contracting a Realtor, more than just the fact of whether they listed homes and sold them in your town!
They could have been working with a number of buyers that bought with them...
The Realtor could be a long time resident of Madison and knows the city well....

But most importantly, you need in your Realtor to find that person that communicates well with you, you trust,
and a Realtor who straightforward and honest with you, about the current market situation in your area, and
the current potential market value of your home, based on recent similar home sales adjusted to your homes' qualifications/differences.... And hopefully you will find an agent who is going to market your home heavily on the internet, that's where buyers start searching first!

If you like a recommendation of a local Realtor, feel free to contact me
Edith Karoline - YourRealtor4Life!
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients....
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Tyler Brown, Agent, Cardiff, CA
Sat Feb 21, 2015
Trulia and the other sites are a good start. Also, google " Real estate". Usually the local agents that are paying to advertise online are closing a majority of the business in the area. From their, look up their profile on trulia or another major realtor site. That said, high production doesn't always show you who is the best...References from the 2 most recent closed deals are something I always provide that I think is a better scale. If they give a buyer/seller the names and contact info of two most recent closings and they are within the last couple weeks and give you a 5 star referral you should feel comfortable...
Jon and Donna…, Agent, Middleton, WI
Sat Feb 21, 2015
I would look at reviews on line and interview agents.....One of the most important questions you can ask any realtor, "Are you full time?"....meaning is the realtor surviving without a part-time job. You also want to work with a realtor that you feel comfortable with. List at a discount is not always in your best interest....the best realtors in town have buyers and sellers and are consistently showing homes so they understand the market .... because they have been through a good percentage of the homes sold and/or active because they have buyers.

Best of luck
Pam Widen, Agent, Madison, WI
Wed Sep 30, 2009
Send me your email address and criteria (ie: Fitchburg, west Madison 53711, price range, property type, etc) and I can email you a breakdown based on MLS information.

Pam Widen
Coldwell Banker Success
pwiden@tds.net
608-444-6747
George Demon, , 33449
Wed Sep 30, 2009
If I may.. believe a more detailed response including not only which agent/broker has sold or has listed homes in your area you also might want to consider the average days on the market before a house has sold plus the selling price would also be of benefit. If you would send me an e-mail to fabrij@firstweber.com I would be more than pleased to provide you a link to this information. The information would also provide details about market trends for the last six months from a pricing standpoint.

Truly believe that once you obtain some of this information you just might want to focus on a realtor that you are able to "connect" with from a communication and trust factor just as much as how many sales his brokerage has had. Believe the issue is more based on the local market and your combined (you and the realtor) ability to price the home properly as well as staging the home to sell in quick time frame. Often sellers do not understand the difference between following a market and leading a market in today's ever changing market.

AGain, I would be pleased to provide you a quick avenue to obtain this information and then let you determine the next step with some real confidence in your pending decisions.

Jon Fabri
fabrij@firstweber.com
Kristi Ross, Agent, Monona, WI
Wed Sep 30, 2009
You can receive that information from an agent.

If you are looking for a REALTOR, you may want to take other criteria into consideration. You may want to consider how many days the property was on the market, how much below list price it sold for, etc.

My recomendation would be to focus on the REALTOR with the tools to get your home sold in this market in your time frame.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Good Luck with your move.

Kristi Ross
Coldwell Banker Success
608-235-8780
kross@cbSuccessRealty.com
Mark Gladue, Agent, Madison, WI
Wed Sep 30, 2009
I would be more than happy to send you a breakdown of each listing to show you who has sold what in the Fitchburg area. If you would like to send me the specifics of your home in Fitchburg I can narrow down which agents have sold the highest number of comparable properties.

I can be reached at mark@markgladue.com or feel free to call me at 608-239-5593. Thanks for your time.

Mark