How can I find out what my house is worth in todays market.Thanks,Bill

Asked by Bill Costello, Delaware City, DE Mon Apr 7, 2008

My house is a twin,I guess you call it.It was built in Nov.2006.3bedrooms,attached one car garage,family room,2 powder rooms and 2 full bathrooms(one being off the master bedroom.) And 2 decks.One off the family room and one upstairs off the living room.

Answers

7
Ginny Hysock, Agent, Lewes, DE
Tue Apr 8, 2008
Call a local Realtor that is familiar with your area, and request a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA). The Realtor will take a look at your home for condition, etc. and should be able to give you a price based on comparable homes (similar or same neighborhood, age of home, size, etc.) in your area. Most important is those that have recently sold and at what price - more than those that may be for sale (can ask any price). I would be happy to assist you in any way!
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Mon Apr 7, 2008
There are different types of "worth" or value:
Appraised value for collateral for a loan (tends to be conservative)
Replacement cost (used by insurance companies)
Fair Market Value (FMV) what a willing and able buyer would pay under normal circumstances
Wholesale - amount an investor would pay, usually 10-20% below retail.

Asking a Realtor that knows a) Your market b) your property, and c) your situation is the best way.
David - Appr…, , Maricopa, AZ
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Bill - The best way to find out home much your home is worth is to contact an appraiser and have it appraised. An appraiser is the only one who is qualified, licensed by the state, and approved by the Appraisal Institue's appraisal qualification board to appraise real estate. Anyone else not posessing a appraisal license can only provide an estimate of what they think they can sell or purchase a home for in order to get the listing.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Mon Apr 7, 2008
Bill,
All you really have to do is call a local realtor and ask for a comparative market analysis CMA. The agent will pull the comps from the area and compare them to your home to determine the current market value. Are you looking at selling? If not then just tell the agency this is for information only. If you need some help finding anyone just let me know and I can refer you to a top agent in your area through our nationwide network.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com
Chris Conte, , Delaware
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Hey Bill,
You can certainly find comps on your own in your neighborhood but if you have objectives to meet, money, time etc. and just want to get the most you can for your home we have a free comparative market analysis on our webpage with no commitment or pressure http://www.delpagroup.net. Also feel free to call us anytime I would be interested to hear your motivations so we can get an idea of what you’re trying to accomplish.302-898-1165 or 610-203-0984
Web Reference:  http://www.delpagroup.net
Carol Succar…, , Lewes, DE
Mon Apr 14, 2008
Hi Bill! What are you considering? I would contact a realtor if you want to sell it. We would do a market analysis of the property and the homes similar in the surrounding area. It is important to look at what the 'SOLDS" are because that is the meat and potatoes of the market values.

If you hire an appraiser which is also a good option, make sure you tell him your reasoning.... i.e. I am planning to sell my home, or I want to get a loan, whatever. That definitely can affect the numbers. If you want to talk more, feel free to contact me.

Carol Daniels
Creative Choice Realty
Bringing Choices to Sellers!
302-893-3632

http://www.CreativeChoiceRealty.com
TJ Redefer, Agent, Dewey Beach, DE
Wed Apr 9, 2008
There a tons of great REALTORS in Delalware City, but, if you have property in Coastal Delaware and want to know what the property is worth give my office a call. No one will work harder for you than the Century 21 Rehoboth Bay Realty, Co. team. It is an ever changing market so why trust your most valuable investment to chance, call us toady 302 227-1232 or http://www.2271232.com.