How can I find out what agents or agencies sell the most homes in the Villages?

Asked by Russ, 40222 Sun Feb 15, 2009

Answers

8
Nancy Sheehan, Agent, Lady Lady, FL
Mon May 16, 2011
I've read all the answers here and I have to add my two cents. The answer I would go with would be the answer from JoEllen from Eustis. It's not the agency, but rather the agent because some agencies have many more agents than other agencies, so naturally, they sell the most homes. So in concentrating on an agent, remember her words that say the relationship is most important. An agent should definitely be approachable, available, have your best interest at heart, be a good listener and be able to help you with getting your home in show condition. Marketing skills help and today 90% of buyer home searches begin with the internet, so a Realtor with an informative and friendly website would most certainly be a must. Hope this helps.

Nancy Sheehan, Realtor, GRI
Re/Max Premier Realty, Lady Lake
Website: nancysheehan.com
Web Reference:  http://www.nancysheehan.com
Alistair Bar…, Agent, Fruitland Park, FL
Wed May 1, 2013
Russ,

I have this whole email written out and Trulia tells me that it is TOO big to share in comments section here so I created a blog post about it for you -

http://evthevillages.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/response-to-a-…

Hope that helps to answer the question :)

Alistair
Wed May 1, 2013
Nancy, you just beat me to it! haha
Debbie Gentry, Agent, The Villages, FL
Thu Mar 3, 2011
To answer your question - I would ask the Realtor or Sales Representative (Properties of The Villages) for written references from their previous Sellers and/or Buyers. I am not sure if you are looking to sell or buy from your question. But I will tell you if you are looking to sell seller beware - which home do you think the developer would rather sell - new or preowned? So using a Realtor like myself that worked for the developer in the past and only work The Villages community is your best choice to get the highest sales price and fastest sale! As far as from the Buyer side, you need to work with a Realtor like myself and a Sales Rep from the developer. Thank you!
Thepropertyp…, , Florida
Thu Feb 24, 2011
That is a great question. If it were me, I'd call real estate offices in The Villages area and ask the receptionist, what agent in the office is the largest producer/sells the most in your office? Then I'd ask why (he/she) believes that. You can verify agents at http://www.agentpreview.com/members/united-states/florida.htm
The Property Patrol
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Russ,

Great question!!!
If you ask specific agents they will tell you what they want you to hear. Our recommendation is to do a little detective work on your own so you can rely on its accuracy.

Pick up a fey of the popular real estate magazines and review them to identify who the major players are in the Villages. After identifying a few we suggest not contacting the agent but the office and request speaking with the broker/manager to request the number of homes they have sold in the Villages in the past 4, 6, 12 months.

They should be able to easily provide you with this information.
Joellen Stra…, , Eustis, FL
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Russ,

As a home seller you are smart to ask this question. It really isn't possible to find out this information as a member of the general public. My suggestion would be to drive around your area and look at the real estate signs and note the agents associated with them. Pick three or four of those agents and have them meet with you to discuss selling your home and find out what each agent is going to offer you.

Part of working successfully with any agent is being comfortable in the realtionship. In this market you can almost guarantee you will be working with the agent you select for at least six months. You want an agent who is approachable, listens to you, keeps you informed even when there is nothing to report and actively markets your home. You also want an agent who isn't going to feed you what you want to hear but rather gives you the reality as far as pricing, tips for making sure your home is the best value and in saleable condition.

Interview the three or four agents and find out who is the best fit for you and which agent will market your home the best. Make sure you are working with a licensed REALTOR (A REALTOR is a licensed real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of REALTORs and works under a very strict code of ethics.)

Good luck in finding a REALTOR and selling your home. If you need assistance in locating a REALTOR or have any questions feel free to call me.
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sun Feb 15, 2009
HI Russ, the local Villages agents sell the most, however you might consider an experienced agent that
is not so tied to THE VILLAGES if you a buyer. As a Seller you will be better off to use one of the locals, but as a buyer you might be better served by having a outsider (like me) who can show you the whole picture.

I just helped move a couple from the Villiages to a new home, and I suggest they find a "Villages" Realtor to help them sell thier home, as It would be the best way to get the Highest Price.

So if you are a seller I can help you find a good sellers agent, if you are a buyer I can help you find your home.

John

352-978-4539