How can I find out sold prices in my neighborhood? I am thinking about selling and want to see what my comps would be. Thanks!

Asked by Bb, Kyle, TX Fri Apr 27, 2012

Are there any websites out there that provide this info? Thank you!

Answers

3
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Hi BB,

The best way is to interview some Realtors that specialize in listings in your area. They can give you a market analysis so you can see what similar homes are selling for. Don't just go with the Realtor who gives you the highest number.... go with the one that shows you the data so you can see for yourself where the home should be priced. Pricing a home too high is by far the #1 mistake seller's make and a lot of Realtor's allow their clients to do so to get a listing.

If you price your home correctly to start it will receive the most traffic and the more eyes you get on a property the more it will sell for. If you put too much padding into the purchase price you are then competing with superior homes and your home will not attract interest buyers. It sounds simple but this is by far the step that most people do not follow.

Once you have the price established the next step is to make sure the home shows it's absolute best. That means getting it clinically clean and fixing all of those little issues you may have lived with. Believe me, taking care of the little items will go a long way to helping you achieve the maximum price you want to get.

Best of luck to you.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Nanci Zimmer…, , Cedar Park, TX
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hi BB,

I would be glad to assist you, please send me your email address and we can get started.

Have a great weekend

Nanci Zimmerman
Associate Broker
Team West Real Estate
512-388-9558
nancizimmerman@yahoo.com
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Apr 27, 2012
Unfortunately there aren't any sites with reliable data because Texas is a nondisclosure state, meaning sale prices are not reported publicly. The MLS is the most accurate data. Most any agent will provide you a market analysis without cost.

If you want to email me direct at guy@phgbrokers.com with as many details / specifics on your home, I can probably get you a pretty close figure.