How can I find an agent willing to transact a sale at a fixed fee? I have a buyer and agreed to price. I need help to create and submit documents ...

Asked by Orangevale Seller, Orangevale, CA Tue Feb 8, 2011

I don't need any assistance listing, showing, or otherwise identifying a buyer. I already have a buyer and an agreed upon price. I specifically need someone to generate and submit all required paperwork, navigate escrow, etc just as in any transaction. I don't want to insult an agent by cold calling to ask if they would be interested in this fixed fee arrangement. But with much of the work done (finding an interested buyer and securing a price), I can't justify a typical commission arrangement. Does anyone have advice on how to find a qualified agent to take this on? Thank you.

Answers

11
Jennifer Gra…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Referrals are the best way.

The fee should not be your only concern. Great communication is important. After you've done the work of finding a buyer, you don't want to feel like you are left hanging and wondering what happens next and wondering if the agent is doing their job.

You want an agent who gives you weekly updates and keeps you in the loop. This is a big transaction and good representation is important. You usually get what you pay for. You have a unique position since you've got a buyer lined up, so that reduces some of the work, but as you know, not all of it.

I don't think agents would be offended by offering to pay a fixed fee, many will be appreciative to get your business as long as you are fair in your compensation.
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Any Realty will work out some sort of fee to help you complete the sale, just ask around and find the fee you can best live with!
Morgan Larson, Agent, Folsom, CA
Wed Feb 9, 2011
You've gotten some of the toughest work done, and you are very smart to want a professional to help handle escrow. I'd gladly walk you and the buyer through the process - make sure all necessary disclosures are completed, all contracts in place, signings scheduled, etc. You can call or email - I'd love to hear more of the details. 530-503-5225 or mlarson@myinsightre.com
Web Reference:  http://www.morganlarson.com
Angela Schra…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Tue Feb 8, 2011
I think you just solved your problem!

Angela in South Florida
Web Reference:  http://www.villagrealty.com
Michelle Gon…, Agent, Los Alamitos, CA
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Hi there,
It's kinda hard to insult me.. go ahead and give me a call so we can talk. It sounds like everything is already in place, and distance would not be a factor. I would be happy to go over the final details and helping you seal your deal.

Michelle Gonzalez
Realty Executives Select
562-572-5224
Michelle@RealtyExecutives.com
Rich Johnson, , Sacramento County, CA
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Whoever you choose as your agent, make sure you sit down with him or her and walk through all the terms of the purchase agreement. You may run into some contract terms that you or the buyer may not have even thought of, and may require further negotiation Additionally, there are quite a few mandatory disclosures that your agent will need to talk to you about. This situation would also result in a dual-agency for the agent, so he or she will need to provide both you and the buyer an agency disclosure. As always, commissions are negotiable, and flat fees are not unheard of. Be carefull on the contract terms and disclosures, and good luck. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Web Reference:  http://jlsrealtyca.com
Terry Foch, Agent, Auburn, CA
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Jim Sousa, Broker at realsierra@sbcglobal.net offers a low, flat fee for handling paper-work and making sure you and your buyer receive all mandatory reports, advisories and disclosures.

Good Luck.
John Hayes, , Folsom, CA
Tue Feb 8, 2011
I have done some flat fees. Need to know the whole scenario. Call me when you have a min.

John J. Hayes
RE/MAX Gold
REO/Short Sale Specialist
Direct: 530-306-3316
Fax: 916-404-4159
DRE#01709600
JohnHayesRealEstate
Lee, , Sacramento County, CA
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Call me , have a transaction coordinator. 916 4204564
Erin, , South Lake Tahoe, CA
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Hi Orangevale Seller; Ask friends at work, neighbors, people at church, etc. if they have someone they can recommend.

What is your property like? I have a buyer looking for a certain type of property in Orangevale.

Erin Phillips
916-580-2227
Lic# 01474901
Web Reference:  http://SoldByErin.net
Connie Klemme, Agent, Tuttle, OK
Tue Feb 8, 2011
cold calling might be the answer, or call a title company and ask them if they know of other reatlors that have done this. since the title company is the one that disperse the checks at closing, they would have been writing that flat fee check to someone. Good luck.