Coach1281, Home Seller in 75703

How are the market conditions in Tyler, Texas?

Asked by Coach1281, 75703 Tue May 11, 2010

Looking to 'possibly' sell my home. I live in the Highlands sub-division.

Answers

7
Tyler is beginning to be a Seller's market. Good homes, at market prices, and in a desired location will sell very quickly. Buyers must act fast!
Tyler is a very Stable market right now. Good inventory is low, so if you find a house you like, please act fast. Hope this helps.
This question was posted in 2010 when Tyler was in a shifting market. Today (11/12/13) our market is booming! Rates are still low, prices are beginning to increase slightly, inventory is moving faster... all indications show that Tyler market is healthy and still an excellent location for investing in your future!

Diann Darden, REALTOR®, MRP (Military Relocation Professional)
dianndarden@kw.com
Tyler is a great place to live. Home values have stabilized and are rising slightly. If you are 65 or over, property taxes are frozen.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Agreed
Flag Sat Apr 13, 2013
The market conditions are favorable. Tyler, unlike many other places, has not been affected as much by the economy. Homes are still selling and there are many people interested in moving to Tyler from out of town.
My suggestion would be to list with a realtor if you want to sell quickly. Also, have your home in its best possible condition before putting it on the market. That way yours will stand out from the crowd. Spring is the best time to list your home...so start now getting it ready if you want to put it on the market soon.
A good realtor can help guide you through the whole process and help you to get top dollar for your home.
Carolyn Maas, Realtor
Keller Williams
903-258-5720
carolynmaas.yourkwagent.com
WOW!!!! First of all let me apologize...I'm not sure how I missed this. I am usually on top of things with Trulia but somehow you just slipped past me. So now to answer your question...they could be better BUT they could be much worse. Actually our area is a little slower than the rest of the country annd we still aren't experiencing what most people have. We are starting to feel it somewhat now though. We've always had a pretty stable market and appreciation here so what we're feeling is minimal. It has been a buyer's market and that can make it a little more challenging however, we've always had an average market time of 6 months. That will change based on location and price. Now if you bought your house 2 to 3 years ago and with a minimal amount down and no updates or equity, then more than likely your going to lose money if you have to sale it right now. We are still selling houses left and right and statistically we're doing great. What its meant for me as a realtor is that I'm having to be much more creative in my advertising and finding a workable situation for my clients. I believe that no matter what our market conditions are that real estate should be a win win situation and by that I mean...as the seller maybe you didn't get quite as much as you had hoped for but your pleased with the outcome and the same for the buyer...maybe they didn't get it quite as cheap as they had hoped, but they're happy! Now, your area is a great little area and I have sold several over there and I'm actually working on a deal right now in that neighborhood. Don't be afraid to explore your options here because no matter what the market will shift again and you definitely want to be first in line when it does and please, don't misunderstand me...it is still a great time to sale!

If I can do anything else for you don't hesitate to contact me directly and again I do apologize for missing this!
Web Reference: http://www.angelakhill.com
Since no local answers yet--contact a few local different realty companies and ask for comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area--review the data and then make your determination--if you are leaning towards selling interview the agents as well and choose the one you like best--choose your agent with care.