Kirsten, Home Seller in Greensboro, NC

How are the homes in Gulf Gate East selling?

Asked by Kirsten, Greensboro, NC Wed Oct 2, 2013

We currently own a house there and the market in that area seems to be doing really well. Looking for comparables pricing of a 3/2 1,800 sq ft house, renovated kitchen, new floors, fresh and clean, no pool, tropical oasis backyard with double lanai and brick patio.

Answers

12
Benjamin Lit…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Nov 20, 2013
Kristen,

The sarasota market has been very good over the last year and we are hoping for another great "season". The Gulf Gate and Gulf Gate East are attractive and active areas for home sales and the expectation is for that to continue. It is difficult to give you a true value of your home without seeing it. I can tell you that this year there have been four sales of homes without pools and there are currently two active listings without pools. All have less less square footage. Again it is really hard to gauge without actually seeing it.

If you would like to set up an appointment for a market analysis fof your home, I would be glad to come by to see it and provide a more accurate measure.

Feel free to contact me any time, no question is too small.

Kind regards,

Benjamin Litke PA
Coldwell Banker Residential
benjamin.litke@floridamoves.com
Randy and Vi…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Tue Oct 15, 2013
Hi Kristen,

In the last 6 months there have been 16 homes sold in Gulf Gate East, so the sale are strong. But to get a true comparable you will need and experienced realtor with knowledge in your area and they will need to actually see the home in person.

Vicki Biehl, Realtor
941-628-6144
Biehlsells@gmail.com
http://www.Sarasotacountyhomesales.com
Century 21 Aztec & Associates
“No Transaction Fees”
SMARTER.FASTER.BOLDER.
Kathleen Com…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Tue Oct 8, 2013
Kirsten,
If you are seriously considering selling your home, you should interview (by phone or otherwise) several Realtors that can best assist you. Consider may factors including track record, chemistry, and marketing ideas and capacity (web presence and technology platform should be of paramount concern). Have your Realtor prepare and review with you a CMA (Competitive Market Analysis) customized to your neighborhood and home to determine the best price and positioning for your home. Gulf Gate is a very desirable community and homes move very quickly. Please reach out to me directly if you'd like to review recent comparable listings and sales in your area.
Kathleen Comerford, REALTOR®
Michael Saunders & Company
M: 941.586.3229 | F: 888.306.6665
email: kathleencomerford@michaelsaunders.com
Rhonda Masot…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Kirsten..

Just have it priced appropriately for the area and it should sell quickly. Listen to the Realtor® you choose and you shouldn't have any problems.

I would love to have that opportunity. My last 2 listings were under contract within a couple of days listed. Call/Text me Direct: 941-504-4349 for a "No-Obligation" relevant property evaluation. I dedicate myself to selling your property.

Kindly,
Rhonda

Rhonda Masotta...REALTOR®
941-504-4349
rhondalifestyles@comcast.net

Sandals Realty / Bright Realty
5218 Station Way Sarasota, FL 34233
Albert Woost…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Kirsten,
As all the agents have indicated - yes, the market is hot all over Sarasota, including Gulf Gate East.
I lived in Gulf Gate East for 12 years and know the strengths and weakness of that community and how to market and showcase the strengths.
Most of the homes in GGE have pools but this is only a $15K adder to your appraised price. Not having a pool also reduces the funnel of potential buyers. That being said there are plenty of buyers who are looking for homes w/o a pool. Depending on your renovations I would peg a sold price on your home between $216K to as much as $240K. That would be the sold price. Market it at $259K and plan to reduce it if it doesn't move after 30 days to $249K. That would open it up to a bunch of buyers capping their searches at $250K.
Anyone telling you that you can get more is doing what we call "Buying the listing", impressing you with the idea of getting a high price and either convincing you of reductions later or utilizing the home for open houses to snag buyer leads.
If those numbers work for you and you want to list your house.
Check out my profile here on Trulia and if you think we would be a fit contact me.
Albert Wooster, P.A.
Cell or Text: 941-350--1220
WoosterFLA@gmail.com
http://www.SarasotaWowHomes.com
Mike Holdern…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Like a wild fire. Give me a call or send me an email if you would like to talk pricing in this area. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael S Holderness
SaraBay Real Estate
941-725-0338
mike@mikeholderness.com
Charles Offer, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Kirsten,

You really need to focus on the past 90 days to get a good picture of the market. There are 6 active listings in Gulf Gate East, 2 "Active With Contract" (similar to "Pending" status), and 5 sales have closed in the past 90 days. This shows that the market in Gulf Gate East is just as healthy as anywhere else in Sarasota. The median sale price in the past 90 days is about $138 per square foot, and the high price was a surprising $175 per square foot for a smaller home than yours. It has a pool and modest updates.

To come up with a reasonable estimate of the value of your home, a good Realtor would want to visit the property to confirm its condition and features, to compare it to others that he or she is familiar with that are currently listed or that have sold recently. If you are interested in selling, would be happy to do that for you. In the meantime, I can easily email the comparables that I just mentioned above.

I live and work on Palmer Ranch, and am very familiar with the surrounding area, including Gulf Gate East. I am confident that I can provide you with an accurate value for your home in today's market.

Charles Offer
COLDWELL BABKER RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE
423 St. Armands Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941)321-9664
charlesoffer@comcast.net
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
I can provide you with a free comparative market analysis if you could send me your adress and email. You can search for currently listed properties in Gulf Gate on my web site at http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/. I would be happy to help or answer any other questions you may have.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
Monika Szko…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
That is right, homes in Gulf Gate East are selling very well, the area is popular. I recently sold one there. If interested to discus, please call me at 941 321 2383.
Teresa M. Fe…, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Hi Kristen,

Have an agent perform a CMA (Comparible Market Analysis) for you. This will tell you what your home is worth and in most cases they won't charge for it.

My best,
Terri

Teresa M. Fellows
Broker/Associate
ERA Waterside Realty
941-350-4297
tmf4257@mac.com
Miranda Hall, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Gulf Gate East has 6 properties available currently, but has sold 16 over the last 6 months. Average sales price is $251,747 with an average sold price per square foot of $137.55.If you're thinking about buying in Gulf Gate East, be sure to work with an Exclusive Buyers Agent. Call me if you need any assistance. :) 941-918-1956
Brandy Coffey, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Oct 2, 2013
They are selling quickly!
Feel free to call me at 941-284-4474