How are luxury condo sales in Steamboat going? Trending up or down or same? What is outlook?

Asked by Jclark, Colorado Thu Jan 8, 2009

Answers

4
The Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Hello Jclark,

I sent an email to an extremely good agent up in Steamboat. Here's her reply: the market is holding and pretty much staying the same. There are some good deals out there but not a ton of “fire sale” properties. This is pretty much the answer that I would expect, most of the nicer mountain areas of Colorado have stayed steady some have actually increased in value. Hope this helps, I am not sure if I can post her contact information on here, so let me know if you want me to have her call or email you directly.
Joy Rasmussen, Agent, Steamboat Springs, CO
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Hi Jclark...today, after leaving our MLS board meeting, the trending is definitely down!!! There has never been a better time to buy - and now, right now, sellers are desparate to get settled before ski season so there seems to be even more motivation. I'm seeing things like "this price for 2 weeks" kind of pricing, as well as 30 - 40% off the original selling price for those sellers who want out.

Contact me to find out more, and how you can navigate through the maze of foreclosure, short sales, and best deals without losing your mind! send me a note at http://www.steamboatresortrealestate.com
Tue Jul 13, 2010

Charlie Dres…, Agent, Steamboat Springs, CO
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Luxury condo sales in Steamboat are slow as of April 2009. Trending down in values and transactions. We had great ski season and next year season ticket prices are lower so that will help. But for the most part, our inventory is up and buyers are down. A buyer’s market for sure. There are some great deal out here – especially as we near the end of the ski season.