How are homes in Pine Ridge being sold? I've had my house listed for almost a year & seems like my agent waits for someone to call her.

Asked by Anne, Beverly Hills, FL Wed Sep 15, 2010

Besides posting on the internet what else is done? Do agents actually sell or are they just order takers?

Answers

7
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Mon Dec 6, 2010
Sit down with your agent, ask them a few questions. First ask them how many homes have they sold in the past year. Ask how they marketed these homes. Ask you Agent to do a new CMA on your home every 90 days, at this point the market does change and your home though reasonable at time of listing may now be priced a bit higher than newer listings. Ask your agent how the attract leads for their home sales overall! Don't be afraid to be a bit demanding this is you home for sale, it is our responsibility to be offering a lot more for you than just putting a sign on your law and listing on MLS. Make sure that they are telling all their fellow Realtors about your property. Ask about an open house, and especially one for Brokers, the more sale professionals that know your home and the features it offers the better the chance they find a buyer looking for the exact features you home offers. Okay I ahve asked you to put you Agent on the Spot, but they are 50% of what sells a home, Ask yourself, do you leave you Realtor do his or her job when they do show your home, best thing is to leave when a potential customer comes by, let the professional answer the questions and sell the home! Too many times a Seller will get upset or say the wrong thing within ears reach of a potential buyer! You love your carpet, the people veiwing your home are saying if they buy that has to be ripped up! Yuk those arches are so 70"s, can we do somethong about them, oh those custom shelves just have to go! Yeah all were what you thought were awesome features, but remember you are selling the home not you taste in decor. So leave the Agent to their task. Also ask yourself if you are doing your home justice when it comes to appearance. A home with too much furniture can look smaller than it is, the same for under furnished, though if I had a choice I wold go with under instead of over! Now look outside and tsee if the yard has appeal, it is important, first impression, love at first sight! chalk it up to what ever, it still sells homes! Selling you home will be a combination of things but these are most important. The price has to be in line with all other homes in the area, do not undersell, it will only hurt you and the next wave of people selling their homes in the same area. Appeal, both inside and out, what they see is what they want to get, so make it adorable! Finally avoid contact with potential buyers, the only contact you really want with them is when they shake your hand at the closing table. If you want any more advice, even if I am not your Realtor or selling in your area please call 727-457-4015.
Debra Ferger…, , Citrus County, FL
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Certainly there have been many sales in Pine Ridge this year - 64 sales ranging in price from $100,000 - $390,000 and 10 pending ranging in price from $197,990 - $499,900. However, in each price category it is the best condition and price that sells. Internet is certainly important as that's where most buyers shop for homes. If I may suggest contacting your agent and ask to see the interior photos in MLS of homes in Pine Ridge that have sold and are pending that are similar to yours in age and size. Then compare their price and condition to yours. Then look at your competition - active listings that are similar in size and age. Try to see your house as a buyer would look at it and compare it to your competition. A lot of people speak of location, location, location, in regard to real estate, when it's actually the price that is the real attraction, because anything will sell in any location if the price is right and Pine Ridge is certainly a good location and a very desirable development. If your house is not getting a lot of showings it may be because buyers are looking at it on the internet and ruling it out before they ever call the agent because other houses seem to be more bang for their buck. After you look through MLS with your agent try to think like a buyer, which house would you buy and why?
Joanna Morris, Agent, Inverness, FL
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Great answer again Anna.

Please do sit down with your agent and ask them to show you local market information.

I will say that properties under 100k are more popular right now and the higher priced listings are selling but not as many of them. It is very critical to have the correct price on your house.

Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend. Market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place--in today's market, pricing and marketing are paramount--review comps with your agent-- recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests as a fair price, and if yours needs adjusting in order to be competitive, adjust accordingly--also review marketing strategies, and adjust accordingly; make sure the property shows well, is neat, clean, clutter free, and don't forget the exterior for curb appeal--have a discussion regarding all your concerns with your agent and go from there.
Bryant Slade, Both Buyer And Seller, Lewistown, PA
Wed May 9, 2012
I can have your home sold for you within the next 30 days, if you have't already sold it! Contact me, ASAP! I have buyers in your area looking for homes! (717)248-4632
bslade42@gmail.com
Mon Apr 23, 2012
I can sell your home for you, in less than 30 days! If you're interested in selling your home and moving to Beverly Hills Florida, then, I'm your man!
If you're looking to buy a home, but are not able to get bank approved financing due to credit, or low credit, then I can help put you into a new home I'm a Wholesale Real Estate Investor, with properties in all the lower 48 states. You don't need good credit with me, in order to move into that nice house that you've always dreamed about. If you have the CASH! I have the property that's right for you, plus it comes with over 25% Equity left in it, unlike what you'd get dealing with a Realtor. Let me know exactly what you're in need of and let's make it happen....NOW! Call, or Email me, Bryant Slade (717)248-4632
bslade42@gmail.com NOW!
Currently have a
3 bed/2 bath/1 Car 1747 sq. ft. under A/C
located in Beverly Hills, Fl. Offered at $ 79,900
Linda, Home Buyer, Florida
Sat Dec 31, 2011
I would LOVE to buy a home in Pine Ridge or Beverly Hills. Just need to sell or find someone who wants to trade with Traverse City,Michigan!