House in the CFBISD side in ValleyRanch. Should I sell or lease?

Asked by Trulia-Newbie, Irving, TX Wed Dec 24, 2008

Dear all, I moved here in 2003 and I'm not sure that my house has appreciated very much.. I'm considering moving given that my 2 kids are reaching school-going age and perhaps its a good time to buy now.. but not a good time to sell :). Any advice?

Thanks for your time!

Answers

3
Karen Shrock…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Dec 25, 2008
If you can qualify for financing and know what you want, it's a good time to buy. As far as selling your current home goes, It depends on location, asking price, your current mortgage terms.

I'm not quite sure what your question is. If you are able to carry two mortgages at the same time and feel comfortable with being a landlord, it might be something to consider. If you plan to hold on to the current house as a rental property, you'll need to make sure you continue to maintain it to the same standards you do now. There's no point in holding on to a house until prices go up if you're going to allow the home's condition to deteriorate to the point where it might affect its value (not replacing roof or HVAC system or upgrading appliances, for example).

From the buyer's side, it is a good time to buy but many people are not able to or are frightened to bend to the current conditions of lenders. Do you have a substantial down payment? Is your credit score is a favorable range? Are your ratios within the lender's limits? Do you feel comfortable investing your savings in real estate? Where do you want to purchase your new home?
Mattye P. Sm…, , Dallas, TX
Wed Dec 24, 2008
Hi Newbie,

Both Actually! Rates are very low, many homes to choose from, motivated sellers and buyers. However a lot depends on what you really want to do and your time frame.

If you would like a free market analysis, and specific marketing goals ,for your home, contact me for an appointment .

Mattye P. Smith

American Realtors
Michael Russ…, , 75006
Sat Oct 24, 2009
What's wrong with cfbisd? Why not stay put?