Hi, am trying to sell a home in Roselle Prk, on the mkt for 5 months with no offers, my realator says she can

Asked by Robert, Roselle Park, NJ Tue May 13, 2008

not understand, and all we keep doing is lowering the price.. What to do?

Answers

5
Robert, Home Seller, Roselle Park, NJ
Thu May 15, 2008
Thanks, well the feed back that I actually get, as everytime I ask after someone sees the house my agent tells me she has left a message for the other agent and hasen't heard anything yet. but it has been all posative so I am at a loss... Thanks
Carl Ben Wit…, Agent, Upper Montclair, NJ
Tue May 13, 2008
RE sales is about numbers. Many agents try a low price to encourage interest and multiple offers. Low price, as in below the expected price. Then they brag about how they had multiple offers on their listings and you sign up. If anything is selling, be 5% below that average. Make sure you are getting many Open Houses, multiple realtor open houses, multiple internet coverage- MLS, Realtor.com, Zillow.com, CraigsList.com and more. If you are just using MLS as many do, you only get the lowest number of buyers. What feedback do you have from those who have seen it?
Greg Berta, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Tue May 13, 2008
Robert, often the way to look at marketing your house in a market like this is to take a look at the homes for sale at this time. Traditionally we Realtors have relied on comperable sales but in a flat or declining market that doesn't matter. Look at what the list prices for similar prices are right now and price in an area that is unrepresented. This should get you moving. Buyers have many choices and you want them to be excited about yours.
Robert, Home Seller, Roselle Park, NJ
Tue May 13, 2008
Thank You my agent says that there are no forther repairs that she can see being made, we have tryed to do all of the right things de-clutter, paint , clean etc. and still nothing, I do ask for weekly status reports and she gives me are the views on realtor.com and active sales in the town with priceses all oveer the place...
Sherie Howard, Agent, Greenwood, IN
Tue May 13, 2008
Regardless of what market you are trying to sell a home in...it's price, location and condition. Since you are lowering the price, is there anything you can do about condition? i.e. staging, painting, removal of wall paper, etc. Ask for weekly stat reports on the local market from your agent to see what homes are selling and why. This will give you a better idea of what to do.