Hi, I wanted to know if in Philadelphia, is it easy for someone to sell your property without your consent?

Asked by Bernice, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jul 20, 2012

I had for a while a property listed on Zillow for over a year...& just recently i went on to craigslist to look at properties in that area. Well I came across a listing that read cheap house for sale $39,000....must sell fast. Well the address was similar to mine only thing the last two house numbers were xx out. There was no photo, no description of the house. My price on zillow also same. So I became curious & called the person & said I would be interested no return calls...I replied to the craigslist ad...no reply. I had someone else call, and no reply. Then I went back on the craigslist today and the post was according to the bouceback deleted or expired. So I wanted to know from some experts is it easy to sell someone elses property without a deed etc. How would this be done? Not only that but Philly realtors if you know the Kensington area...all walks of life in that area, and I really thought the area would change...doesn't look so. Thank you all for your replies.

Answers

2
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Mon Dec 17, 2012
only by court order.....

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX 215-757-2889
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jul 20, 2012
Keep in mind that scam do exit and you may have stumbled upon a scheme, therefore consider reporting to the local authorities...
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt002.shtm
Hi, I have alerted Phila records where they record the deeds, I expect to hear back hopefully next week. And I will report to the police as well.
Flag Fri Jul 20, 2012