Hi-I want to sell my 3200 sq ft house in Rocky Hill & am considering having it staged. Should I ? or leave it vacant to accent the lovely

Asked by Allykayeast, Rocky Hill, CT Sat Jun 11, 2011

features? If yes - who is very reasonable in the area? I have access to some things I want to use -- but will need some rental things as well ?

Answers

7
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Sat Jun 11, 2011
Hello Allykayeast,
As an accredited staging professional I can tell you that staged homes usually sell faster and for a bit more money. As Seth stated, when a home is staged it is easier for the buyers to determine furniture placement and the room's use.
You don't have to completely fill the rooms with furniture but only with a few pieces and some accessorizing. Keep it simple and clean.
Feel free to check out stagedhomes.com for some stagers in your area.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Carmen Brode…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Jun 13, 2011
A staged home helps buyers pictures what could be and can significantly increase your chances of selling.
Patti Stern, , Cheshire, CT
Sun Jun 12, 2011
Hi Ally,

I just saw your posting and Wayne Horgan's response to you (he's with Coldwell Banker in Wethersfield). I am an accredited home stager and decorator based in Connecticut and all I do is help individuals, realtors, and builders (like Toll Brothers) stage their homes for sale. Staged homes sell on average in 35 days or less, versus non staged homes -- 175 days plus. One home we recently staged in Bethany sold in 15 days and at the asking price. We would love to help you get your home ready for sale. Please visit my facebook page, PJ & Company Home Styling, LLC, to see the most recent before/after photos of our work. There is also a video you can watch as well. I hope to hear from you -- my phone is 203-640-3762. Best, Patti Stern, PJ & Company Home Styling, LLC
Web Reference:  http://wwwpjhomestyling.com
Wayne Horgan, Agent, Glastonbury, CT
Sat Jun 11, 2011
Hello Ally,

This is a great question! The size of your home dictates that you may benefit from the expertise of a professional home stager, although I can’t be certain until I see your house for myself. Buyers in today’s market often need a visual template to help them imagine themselves in their new home surroundings. Beautifully staged rooms, with just the right furniture and accessories, definitely help to create the perfect environment.

However, if you think there are specific aspects of your home that stand alone and will allow the buyer to put their own creative attitude into those spaces, a professional stager will also have the expertise to know how to let those areas speak for themselves.

Our best first course of action is to invite a home stager to come to your home and give us a free assessment of possible home staging options. I have worked with and trust Patti Stern with P J & Company Home Stylings (who is also the person The Toll Brothers call when they need a home stager!)

Once we’re armed with the possibilities, then the fun part begins!

As a resident and business owner in Rocky Hill for the past 23 years, and a Realtor with the #1 real estate company in the Wethersfield/ Rocky Hill market, I am eager to help you sell your home.

Wayne Horgan
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, #860-978-6440

(see also Patti Stern, P J & Company Home Stylings, http://pjhomestyling.com , #203-640-3762)
Web Reference:  http://www.waynehorgan.com
Seth Winklem…, Agent, Bristol, CT
Sat Jun 11, 2011
AllyKayEast,
With such a large house, I think it would be a great idea to get it staged. Buyers tend to have a difficult time imagining where to put their furniture or whether or not it fits. The proper staging would accent your features in your house. With Prudential we have a variety of companies that are respected. Churchill is one of those companies. I included the link below to help you with your search. If you need any more information, feel free call or text me at 860-985-5816. My email is SethWinkleman@PrudentialCT.com

Seth
Vicki Hassel…, , Vernon, CT
Sat Jun 11, 2011
Staging can be helpful in presenting your house to potential buyers however I do not feel itis necessary inorder to get your home sold. Keep in mind the buyers today are looking at layout, location, price and amenities your home has. Since your home is vacant I would recomend the exterior presentation be well maintained at all times, nice flowers and lawn manicured which is inviting to potential buyers, if they have the excited feeling when they pull up it will not matter if the your home is not fully furnished.
Web Reference:  http://www.intega-ct.com
Lisa Giller, Agent, Rocky Hill, CT
Sat Jun 11, 2011
Hi Ally...staging can definitely highlight some features that buyers may otherwise overlook. You may be surprised, though, that you don't need LOTS of furniture or accessories to stage your home. A little goes a long way and keeps it looking spacious and uncluttered.

As part of my services, I generally assist owners stage and showcase their homes. Sometimes, I also hire (at my expense) a professional stager. Since I utilize virtual tours for all of my listings, attention to detail is critical.

Take a look at my websites and you'll be able to see some examples.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance...I live in Rocky Hill!

Lisa Giller
Gillette Real Estate
(860) 221-8971