Hi, I need some recommendations of a reliable real estate agent willing to list my home for a short sale and has experience in short sales. I

Asked by Amanda, Hoffman Estates, IL Mon Mar 15, 2010

currently have my mortgages with BOA and I have heard they are not the best to deal with when it comes to short sales. I have been told just to go into forclosure, but I don't want to ruin my credit anymore than necessary. Any information you can provide is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

19
Rosa Pena, Agent, Palatine, IL
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Amanda,

I would love to meet with you as soon as possible to discuss your options in greater detail.
I am a well seasoned broker in this field of distressed properties (Short Sales) I also have a certification on how to process and list short sales.
I have a couple of experienced attorneys that have negotiators for short sales. This is the only speciality that they do all day every day.
Please do not foreclose! That should never be an option.
I also live in Hoffma Estates and know the area very well.
I have a great website that you can get most of your questions answered for this process.
YourForeclosureSolutions.com
If you shouild have any more questions I would be more than happy to answer them for you at any time. Via email or phone

Rosa Pena
312-623-0883
Rosakw@sbcglobal.net
RosaPenaHomes.com
YourForeclosureSolutions.com
Martin Foster, Agent, Hoffman Estates, IL
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Hi Amanda.

I live in hoffman estates and have represented many sellers in short sale transactions. BofA is definitely not the "best" to deal with, but they are much better at getting short sales done. They use an online system called Equator for all negotiations and document collections.

I would love the opportunity to answer any questions you may have. I can also show you example approval letters from short sales that I have closed.

Martin Foster
Real Estate Broker, CDPE, SFR
Weichert Realtors
630-429-4486
Susan K Klatt, Agent, Barrington, IL
Fri Jul 20, 2012
Amanada, I can encourage you to stay the course. Short Sales are not easy and take time. I know this weighs you and your patience. I hope you are working with a realtor that is certified and has plenty of experieince with short sales. Wishing you all the best. If you have any questions, if I can assist you further please call on me.

Warmest Regards,
Susan K Klatt
Coldwell Banker
224-805-1432.
Thu Jul 19, 2012
Hi Amanda.

I live in hoffman Estates and I successfully close many short sale. It is always best to ask any agent you interview a ton of questions. Although I have successfully negotiated short sales, I have two of the best attorneys in illinois on my team who both have full negotiation teams. One in Northbrook who has closed the most in Illinois and one in chicago who has closed the most in the city of Chicago. How do i know? It's public record.

Any other questions?
Call or text 630-429-4486
http://www.Soldbyfoster.com
Susan K Klatt, Agent, Barrington, IL
Thu Oct 14, 2010
Hello Amanda-

I just thought I would touch back and see how your short sale is doing. I just got my 4 short sale approved this month, closing in 30-45 days, and it made me think of you. If there is anything I can be doing for you right now, please let me know.

Warmest regards

Coldwell Banker-
Susan K Klatt, Realtor, CNS, ADPR
847-222-6866
Web Reference:  http://www.susankklatt.com
Susan K Klatt, Agent, Barrington, IL
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Amanda- My business is focused in the Hoffman Estates, the White Oak, Beacon Pointe and Hunters Ridge areas. I have sold & listed short sale properies and have my ADPR ( Accredited Distressed Property Represntative) designation. I have a team of experts that I work with, which includes an local attorney. I am familar with the BOA short sale application process and currently have an application being processed through the Equator system. If you ahve any question or wish to talk further, please feel free to give me a call.
Eric Egeland, Agent, Buffalo Grove, IL
Thu Mar 18, 2010
Hi Amanda,

Interview a few agents actively selling short sales.

I would be more than happy to discuss your options with you.
Cherrie Cata…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Hi Amanda,

Bank of America may take longer than other banks, but we have received short sale approvals from them. As far as your credit score goes, with a foreclosure your score may be lowered anywhere from 200 to over 300 points. Typically this will affect your score for over 3 years. On a short sale, only late payments on the mortgage will show and after the sale, the mortgage will be reported as negotiated. This may impact your score as little as 50 points as long as other payments are made timely. A short sale's affect can be brief as 12-18 months. Short sales are typically reported as a "settled" account. Also, if you plan on purchasing a home in the near future, you may obtain a new mortgage if you short sale after 2 years. These are only a couple of several benefits of short selling your home. We can provide a free consulation with your situation and go over the exact process and how it affects you. Feel free to contact me if you should have any questions.

Cherrie Catama
Newman Realty
cherrie@newmanrealtyillinois.com
773.490.3437 Phone
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Amanda: Check out Trulia's Find A Pro: http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/Illinois---15

And this one as well: http://activerain.com/states/IL

And also make sure that you ask your CPA about the tax ramifications of doing a short sale so that you are prepared and knowledgeable how it will impact your future in your Sate of Illinois.

Good Luck To YOU!
Web Reference:  http://www.soreal.biz
Richard Leci…, , Tucson, AZ
Tue Mar 16, 2010
I suggest you talk with a few realtors and see how many short sale they havere done. Also start getting all your paper work ready. Bank statements, income tax return, your pay stubs etc. This will save you time later. You should also talk with your lawyer and accountant. Good luck
Richard Leci…, , Tucson, AZ
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Richard Leci…, , Tucson, AZ
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Richard Leci…, , Tucson, AZ
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Jose Hernand…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Short sales are not for the weak! specially when it comes to BofA. I'm a listing agent and specialize in short sales,reo's, and distressed properties. I am SFR certified, but most important I have the experience specially with BofA. Feel free to contact me at any time to schedule an appointment and explore your options.

Jose Hernandez,SFR
Keller Williams, Gold Coast
676 N. Michigan Ave suite 3010
Chicago, IL 60611
office 312-981-5444
cell 773-490-9791
Robert Pratt, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Amanda - Hopefully you have already received the help you need but one piece of advice you may want to consider is that experience is more valuable than a few letters after your name on a business card. Many Realtors go to a class, take a test and think that they are now Short Sale Experts when the fact of the matter is that no one could ever teach all that one needs to know in a class regarding short sales. The true short sale expert is someone who has gained that experience through a trial by fire of working with them time and time again. Rather than look for these "designations," look for a Realtor that has references and/or testimonials from people who they have helped see the process through to completion.
Web Reference:  http://www.dreamtown.com
Royal Hartwig, Agent, Palatine, IL
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Hi Amanda,

A short sale would be your best option. I work with a company that specializes in short sales and they will buy the property from you AND make it so you do not have a deficiency. If you would like to discuss the details, please give me a call or send me an email.

Royal Hartwig, SFR
The Royal Family @ Coldwell Banker
You deserve “The Royal Treatment”
Office: 847-301-3156
Royal@RealEstateFamily.net
http://www.RealEstateFamily.net
Dennis Toomey, Agent, Elk Grove Village, IL
Tue Mar 16, 2010
Amanda

Yes, it is better for you to do a short sale verses a foreclosure.

Short sales are not for all agents. You should look for agents that have gotten the education to work with Short Sales. Two designations available are:

CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert® is a real estate professional with specific understanding of the complex issues confronting the real estate industry, and the foreclosure avoidance options available to homeowners.

SFR - Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Certification

I would be happy to meet with you to discuss your options.

Dennis Toomey
RE/MAX TERRITORY
Cell (847) 338-0180
Fax (847) 956-2844
E-mail: dtoomey@remax.net

Web site: http://www.HoffmanEstatesHome.com
Ivette Rodri…, Agent, Barrington, IL
Mon Mar 15, 2010
Amanda,
You are absolutely right - did you know that the difference to your credit score for a foreclosure vs short sale is the 200 pts vs 50-75 pts? I just received my Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource desigation & I would like to meet with you to discuss your options. Bank of America short sales can close & do close. The biggest piece of advice I have for you is to get in contact with your lender!!! Over 50% of those who lost their homes to foreclosure never contacted their lender so I encourage you to grab a hold of this with 2 hands.
Please contact me with your questions - there is help, I assure you.
Dianne Hicks, Agent, Rancho Bernardo, CA
Mon Mar 15, 2010
Amanda
Yes, BofA is super slow but they close all the time. I suggest you go to the website shortsales superstars and look up your area. There are extremely experience short sale agents out there.

Good Luck!!!
Web Reference:  http://www.di4homes.com