Hi I am in escrow Monday they are coming for inspection it's already 11 days can I cancel the escrow

Asked by Annasamo71, Los Angeles, CA Fri Mar 15, 2013

Answers

14
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Go over the purchase agreement.

You will want to make sure you are not violating any terms of the agreement.

Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Sam Shab, Agent, West Hollywood, CA
Thu Mar 21, 2013
To be sure you're not in breach of contract, I would review your purchase agreement immediately before making any decisions...
Pathmasiri, Home Buyer, Marina del Rey, CA
Wed Mar 20, 2013
is your condo in Marina del Rey or Santa Monica? Then I want to buy it. Let me know.
Ron Escobar -…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Is a complicated question and without knowing all the details not possible to answer correctly.

If I were representing the buyer, I would look for every possible opprtunity to make you perform with the contract, including legal enforcement. Your experienced realtor should be able to give you advise.

Ron
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Sun Mar 17, 2013
You need legal advice and read your contract. This does sound FSBO, oops.
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Why do you want to cancel?
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
The answer to that question is in your real estate contract. There is a contingency window and you need to know how long it is for...
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
It's hard to say, since I do not have your contract to look over. You need a Buyer Agent fast!
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
I would say probably not.
What type of contract did you sign? What does your contract say?
Typically you would have to provide a 3 Day Notice to Perform before you can cancel.
Don't you have an Agent representing you? They should be able to answer this for you.
If you don't you are SOL and have to wing it and risk the chance of getting sued.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
It sounds like you do not have a Realtor representing you;
we get hindreds of questions from people trying to do it the FSBO way;

This is just another example of why.
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
need more info to help you. Are you buyer or seller? How long is your contingency period?
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Mar 16, 2013
It's best you check with your realtor and read contract that you signed as you agreed to all therms listed on the contract.

By default buyer has 17 days contingency.
Richard "RJ"…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Are you the Seller? It all depends on what the contingency period agreed to in the contract is. If nothing was altered and you used the California DRE Purchase Agreement, then there is a 17 day contingency period for the BUYER in which they could cancel. If you are the Seller, you are bound to the contract. You cannot cancel unless the Buyer does not perform on one of their contingency periods. Even then, you must issue a "Notice to Perform" and is also based on what is in the contract... Again, if unchanged, the notice allows 2 days for the buyer to perform. As you seller, once you agree and sign the contract, unless you were under the influence of something, under duress or forced to sign (you would need legal representation at that point) you are bound to sell this property. Good luck.
Erich Alcedo, , Chino, CA
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Do you have an agent. Usually, you have a 17 days contingency but it is all depending on the contract. Email me for detailed situation. I will be glad to reply back to you. My email is erichalcedo@msn.com.