Hi! Do I need to get a certificate of occupancy inspection done to sell a townhome in Monroe? If so, where do I go to get the forms? Are they on-line?

Asked by Jana, 08831 Thu Apr 11, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joan Congilose’s answer
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Hi Jana
You will need a certificate of continued occupancy and also a smoke alarm compliance certificate before you close on your sale. You can get the forms at the building dept at the Monroe Twp Municipal Building .You will have to fill out the forms and pay the fees before they will schedule the inspections for you. Usually you do this once your home is under contract and you know when your closing will be. If you have any questions or need help feel free to call me.

Joan Congilose
RE/MAX Central
Office (732) 972-1000 ext:364
Cell (732) 232-5277
0 votes
Robert Profa…, Agent, Princeton Junction, NJ
Thu Nov 13, 2014
If you live in Monroe , You go down to the fire house. That's how it got done, when I just sold a recent home. It was a small fee. Fire department comes out.. I have lived in Monroe my whole life. So I know it pretty well. Hope it works out for you
0 votes
Do you know what they're checking for in order to give the CO? I found the instructions for the smoke alarm compliance cert. Thanks.
Flag Mon Jan 9, 2017
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more