Hi, Can i have the price on my house?

Asked by RAJIINDER BHATTI, Piscataway, NJ Fri Jan 24, 2014

Answers

13
Karen Rice, Agent, Hawley, PA
Wed Mar 5, 2014
An appraisal is a tool and an opinion like anything else, but fixed to that moment in time. It is not a guarantee that a home will sell for that amount. What if, 3 days after the appraisal is complete, 2 more comparable homes sold within the radius of the subject home that had a significantly different (higher or lower) price than the previous comps? I had a listing where the appraisal said was valued at $317,000, we priced it right around that price... but it sold a year later for significantly less than that after we had to reduce the price. Even a CMA is only good for a snapshot of that moment in time - it's a starting point, not the ending point.
Scott Newman, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Mar 5, 2014
I disagree that an appraisal is the best way to ascertain value. The reality is appraiser's don't take into account intangible influences that can effect market value.

For example, they don't account for the fact that in an appreciating market- like the one we're in now- you would likely be leaving money on the table if you sold for what an appraiser told you your house was worth because you could have likely pushed price a little based on the lack of inventory and other factors an appraiser doesn't account for.
Nicholas Con…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Mar 1, 2014
The best way to get an ACCURATE price on your home is to use a CERTIFIED APPRAISER. Contact me if you need an appraisers opinion. I am not only a broker, but also an appraiser for almost 10 years.
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Sat Feb 15, 2014
Work with a Realtor to obtain this info.
Mack Alsaidi, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Feb 2, 2014
A local experienced agent can assist you with preparing a CMA.
Mike Opyd, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jan 28, 2014
Reach out to an agent you trust to do a professional CMA on it.
Tejash Lodha…, Agent, Palatine, IL
Mon Jan 27, 2014
I can assist you price your home. I clean do a detailed comparative property analysis and support a value based on comparable sales. Please e-mail me at arlorealty@gmail.com for details.
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Jan 26, 2014
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I can assist
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Jan 25, 2014
Rajinder,

You are going to be popular. Work with a broker that is very knowledgeable of you area.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Jan 25, 2014
Have a few agents give you a free market analysis. Just send me the address with some details of the property.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Sure. We would just need to know what your referring to.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Address ?
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Fri Jan 24, 2014
The best way to get the most accurate selling value estimate would be to call a local Realtor near your property and discuss it in person or show it to them.
Some people like to enter it into Zillow.com or one of the other AVM sites and see what pops out.i