Hello, I listed my house on MLS almost a month ago. It is still not showing up on Trulia. How often do you update the website? Thanks

Asked by Laura Crawford, Austin, TX Tue Aug 27, 2013

Answers

18
Bill Austin, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Laura,
I will assume your home is here in the Austin, TX MLS. Is your home visible on other national websites? If not...
The listing agreement has a section where you indicate whether you want or do not want to use the syndication sites and display your home's address on the Internet. Assuming you chose that you wanted your home syndicated and on the Internet then it's up to your agent to enter it as such. The agent, when entering the listing in the MLS has to enter the proper data or check boxes. My guess is that your agent missed or checked the wrong box. All listings properly entered into the MLS in the Austin MLS are syndicated with Trulia. The only way this is possible is that your agent didn't enter your listing as you requested. It usually takes just a day or at the most 2 days.
Thank you Bill. I will check with my agent again. My home is in Austin, 78748, and it is showing on some websites, such as Realtor.com.
Flag Tue Aug 27, 2013
Jeffrey Schn…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
It could be that when the data was entered into the MLS that your agent/broker forgot to check the box for "syndication". The Austin MLS changed over to a new software vendor, and by mistake, this box was set to default to unchecked and many agents/brokers overlooked the issue. They have since fixed the problem, but listings entered a while ago are still sitting with the syndication box unchecked, if they were entered into the MLS prior to the fix.

If the syndication box is checked, Trulia, Zillow, and some other sites that pull data from syndication, will update within 6 to 72 hours, depending on their business practices. Your agent/broker can go in and see if the box is unchecked, and fix the issue.

I've found Trulia and Zillow both seem to pull syndicated listings from the source after about 6 hours, but some other sites can take much longer. Realtor.com, and all other agent/brokers sites in Austin, pull through a different feed, call IDX. You can check if IDX is turned on for your listing by going to another brokers website and searching for your listing there. Try http://www.realtyaustin.com and see what shows up!

Check your pictures too. This is the biggest draw to the public, make sure they are high quality professional photos that show your home in the best possible way. If you don't interest people with visual appeal, they'll never come look at your home.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey Schnabel
Broker/Owner - Representing People, Not Properties (tm)
Exclusive Client Agency
512-913-7480
SCHNABELJS@GMAIL.COM
Hi Jeffrey, great advice and info. Thanks!
Flag Tue Aug 27, 2013
Steve Crossl…, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Oct 28, 2013
Hi Laura,

If your home is priced right and shows well, it will sell without syndication. Homes that are not syndicated do not sell slower or for less money than ones that are. We don't syndicate our listings, and they sell just fine. My most recent listing had 4 offers over list price a few days ago, and it's NOT plastered on 100s of websites through ListHub.

At present, only 86% of Austin homes for sale in the MLS have the "syndication" choice selected, and that number is decreasing daily. Serious buyers have an agent and are getting a listing feed directly through the MLS from their agent portal, so I wouldn't worry too much about whether your listing is being used to sell advertising to other Realtors on marketing websites, it will sell regardless.

Steve
Carmen Brode…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Sometimes when my listings don't automatically pull from the MLS I will have to manually claim them. The option should be within the "Listings" section of your profile.
Josh Daniels, Agent, Port Lavaca, TX
Wed Oct 16, 2013
It should be syndicated straight into Trulia. Trulia is updated every day.

Josh Daniels, Realtor®
Residential/Commercial/REO
------------------------------------------------------------------
RUSSELL CAIN REAL ESTATE
2025 N HWY 35
PORT LAVACA, TX 77979
361-920-0295
JOSH@RUSSELLCAIN.COM
Roxanne Kahn, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Aug 28, 2013
I've seen it take a few hours to refresh at times, but your Realtor should have your listing syndicated to multiple sites. This is part of the listing agreement and it's the agent's responsibility to make sure it gets syndicated to sites like Trulia. I would call your agent and ask them to double check to make sure the listing on MLS has the correct boxes checked for syndication and address display.
Steven Van O…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
You definitely need to ask you Realtor why they are not syndicating your listing.
Thomas Moser, Agent, East Northport, NY
Tue Aug 27, 2013
You need to speak with your agent. Trulia does not automatically pick up MLS feeds. It is a subscription service paid for by brokers and agents.
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
I would suggest that you talk to your agent.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
In Austin you have a choice to not syndicate the listing to other websites. Perhaps that was checked. If your home is not showing up on multiple sites that could be the cause. I would ask your agent to check for that. Listings can also be added manually in Trulia as well.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AustinListed.com
Aaron and Ch…, Agent, Eau Claire, WI
Tue Aug 27, 2013
It should pop up within 2 days. I would get in touch with your Realtor and check to see if they are associated with Trulia.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Aug 27, 2013
It is updated at least daily.
You need to ask your Realtor to add it here or check to see if their MLS sends the listings here automatically. Some don't, many do.
1st Zero-Emi…, , Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Email me the address and I'll look into the issue to get a better answer for you.
Shawn
@
ShawnMon.com
Web Reference:  http://shawnmon.com
Fred Herman, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Contact your agent. why have you waited so long???
Steven Nusin…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
This is an open forum, so you might want to check with Trulia and your agent. Normally, listed homes populate to Trulia within 12-48 hours.
Kristee Leon…, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
The mls does not syndicate to Trulia. The listing either needs to be entered manually on Trulia or through postlets.
Anna Culina, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Your agent can call Trulia and get it fixed. They're very helpful.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Trulia's updated daily.

It pulls from MLS correct?
Flag Tue Aug 27, 2013