Hello! Could short sales and foreclosures be slowing down the sell of my traditional townhome sale?

Asked by Christy77, Chula Vista, CA Mon Oct 17, 2011

My townhome has been on the market for two months(traditional sale) - no offers yet. Other homes for sale in the neighborhood mostly foreclosures and short sales. Prices are less than ours but ours is not overpriced according to agent's analysis. What's the average selling time for traditional sales in Chula Vista, Ca 91913?

Answers

1
Tiana Uribe, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Oct 17, 2011
The condition of the Short Sale/Foreclosed properties is taken into consideration when comparing traditional homes sales to distressed sales. The marketing plan for your selling your home should include a comparable analysis for you to review what other homes in your surrounding neighborhood have closed for in the past six months as well as "Active" listings to gauge what your property should be listed at. Insuring details regarding interior and exterior upgrades and highlighting the best attributes of your home should also assist. A strong marketing plan for maximum exposure is key to getting potential buyers to view your home and submit an offer.