Have condo in large complex with on-site real estate office. Agent rents out units for some of the homeowners will not handle mine.

Asked by Anna B., Palm Desert, CA Tue Feb 22, 2011

Answers

5
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Feb 22, 2011
And why won't the agent handle yours? Have you asked? There is nothing that says they have to, unless it is written into your condo docs, but that would seem unusual to me. Most agents don't turn down listings unless:

1, They are listing to high and agent feels its a waste of time

2. There are issues that would prevent a sale

3. There is bad blood between agent and client or they don't see eye to eye about something

Any chance it is one of those reasons?
Susan Miulli, , Palm Desert, CA
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Hi Anna,

Is your condo a seasonal rental or are you looking for someone to rent it on an annual basis. If it is a seasonal, then I would recommend using a reputable rental agency. There is no need to use the office that is on site when any good agency can handle it. If you are looking for a tenant for an annual lease, then any Realtor can list it for you. Some don't take rental listings, but many of us do. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Best regards - Susan
Danail Jekov, , Palm Desert, CA
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Hi Anna,

Your question is very general.
Bottomline, just like you (as client) can select any agent to assist you, same rule applies to an agent, pretty much. Not familiar with ALL details around your case it is hard to give you precise answer.
Be happy to help if more info is supplied.

Danail Jekov
Tarbell Realtors, Palm Desert,
760-413-7954
Larry Hansen, Agent, La Quinta, CA
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Hi Anna, there is not much profit in handling rentals on a small scale, however some agents will try to help do this mainly as a favor for clients that they have helped buy or sell a home. Quite frankly, it does not work nearly as well as having a professional rental agency handle your rental. They tend to have much better resources (cleaning, maintenance, and other vendors for example) than an agent with just a few rentals might have, and can get those people there when needed. The rental agencies are also better set up to advertise effectively, schedule rental periods, collect security deposits, check renters in and out, take inventory to make sure nothing is missing, take care of deposit refunds and even go to small claims court if necessary for non-payiung renters. If you would like a referral to one of these rental agencies, please give me a call or email off line and I will see if I can help you find someone. Thanks for the question.
Dave Griswol…, Agent, Bridgewater, NJ
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Hi Anna, Well we can't why they won't but why not call another Agent. Often times when 1 Agent has properties in the same complex they tend to get lazy about it. Sometimes, Good Agents never tire. :)

All the Best

Dave & Lisa
Web Reference:  http://www.urhomerealty.net