Half bath to full bath

Asked by Wmunoz2434, Bergenfield, NJ Mon Oct 21, 2013

I have a 4 bedroom cape ... The main bath is on the first floor and the half bath on second . Master bedroom is on second floor also . I am looking to sell the home , would making the half bath into a full bath increase the value of the home . The house was valued at 205,000 as is but I am fixing it to try and get more . Houses in the area sold for like .... 215 and up .. Comparable homes . Need advice looking to sell ASAP .

Answers

4
Wmunoz2434, Home Buyer, Bergenfield, NJ
Mon Oct 21, 2013
The house is in Jackson nj .... Half bath upstairs .....
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, clifton, NJ
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Is your home in Jackson or Bergenfield?

in either case with 4 bedroom the 2nd full bath will add value. Depends how much it will cost you to add it vs the added value. To say how much the added value is would be difficult with out seeing the house and the comparables.

Depending on the condition of the rest of the house it may or may not add value.
Ronald Shaff…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Mon Oct 21, 2013
The conversion will absolutely increase the sale price of the house. It is impossible to give a better estimate of value without seeing the home in person. I think you are about to get a bunch of agents answering your question and offering to interview for the position of marketing your home. Of course I would welcome the opportunity to interview as well. Thank you and good luck.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon Oct 21, 2013
I am not sure I have the total of the bathrooms in your home straight.
You have a 4 bedroom home, with a full bath on the first floor
and a half bath on the second floor, I assume a hall bath
Does the Master have its own bath

In other words besides the 1/2 bath i.e. powder room on the second floor how many other full baths in the house. and where are the 4 bedrooms located?

That will help us understand the floor plan of your home to better assist you.
Thank you
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)