HI ALLEN, Thanks for your advice. I have a 4bdr. 1 1/12 bath. High ranch, 1700sq. ft. .3rd of an acre. Orignal Kitch & BATH ALL VERY GOOD Cond.

Asked by Jf224, Tappan, NY Tue Feb 8, 2011

$$$ Loc is in Tappan, what do u think about a price. I'm thinking $395,000 to offer it up ??

Answers

7
Kenny Ng, , 10983
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Every building and land is different to properly price your home it has to be seen. Tappan is in a unique location. It is close to the city and borders with New Jersey so comps from other towns that are further north will not compare to your house.
Carmen Di Bi…, Agent, Nyack, NY
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Hi JF,

The current strategy among savy realtors and sellers is to price the home at or slightly below the price of the most recent comparable sale. Given that, your number sounds aggressive, perhaps too much so, but the beauty of "underpricing" is that the market will find its level and you will certainly attract buyers.
Maureen McEn…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Hi JF,

To give you an idea of the current market, in 2010, 33 Tappan homes were sold at an average selling price of $240 per square foot. Seven of those homes were high ranches. Three of the high ranches were similar in size to your home. Those three sold for an average of $237 per square foot. These homes all had 2 1/2 bathrooms. The location, age and condition of your home as well as the size and any updates all go into the likely sales price.

There are currently 5 other high ranches on the market in Tappan priced at $329K-$559.9K, so it sounds like your price is within a reasonable range.

If you would like, I could do a CMA on your home to determine the individualized market value based on location, size, updates, in relation to the other homes that are on the market and that have recently sold.

Maureen McEnroe,
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Prudential Joyce Realty
mmcenroe@prudentialjoyce.com
914-588-1873
John Maiorano, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Feb 8, 2011
JF, When was the house built? I have listed a similar home in an excellent area of West Nyack except this home has a Family Room addition out the back off the Dining Room. the biggest problem I'm experiencing is the 1 full bath. Most Buyers do extensive searches on the internet and rule out some homes instantly based on certain criteria. Most Buyers want the 2nd Bath and won't even consider a home without. There are too many other homes for them to choose from. That being said, in October I sold another home nearby with the 1 1/2 Bath. There are a couple of critical factors to consider in this situation. Once understood, and delt with, the Buyer will come. Feel free to contact me for more info on these factors. I am a Tpo 1% Agent and willing to help yoou. Contact number 845-639-4440 or realtorjohnm@gmail.com. All the best to you, John Maiorano, GRI
Marcella Rig…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Feb 8, 2011
That sounds about right...if you like I could send you the comps of what has sold in the area..I live in a similar property in Pearl River...marcella@wesellny.com
Web Reference:  http://wesellny.com
Allan Erps, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Hello JF, Thanks again for your candid answer. If you could email me your address(allan.erps@randrealty.com) I would gladly do a CMA for you. Truthfully the price sound right on the money! Also, truthfully I am writing to you from Las Vegas(convention) and will be back on Saturday(pray I win please!). Look forward to your response. Regards Allan
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Feb 8, 2011
In order to determine a price, one needs to be aware of comps, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, after reviewing the data a determination on a fair price can be made...by the way--consider contacting Allen directly, just click on his profile for contact information....