HGTV's series 'The UnSELLABLES' coming to San Diego. Are you a realtor with a decor challenged listing needing a free design?

Asked by Sue Skinner-casting Director, San Diego, CA Wed Nov 17, 2010

transformation? Calling all REALTORS in SAN DIEGO!

Do you have a ‘décor challenged’, owner occupied, residential property listing that could use a free design makeover? HIT HGTV series, 'The UnSELLABLES' - now in its 3rd season, wants to help San Diego realtors and their clients redesign their listings for lucrative sales!

'The UnSELLABLES' is shooting 7 episodes in San Diego from December 12, 2010 to March 10, 2011.

From cluttered homes to dated décor to eccentric interiors, 'The UnSELLABLES' transforms ‘design challenged’ properties into real estate gems. 'The UnSELLABLES transforms 3-4 interior rooms and boostS curb appeal.

There is absolutely no cost to sellers nor their realtors. The production pays for the entire décor makeover, at an approximate value of $10,000 per property. The homeowners/sellers may keep the moveable items used for the design makeover.

Please contact Casting Director, Sue Skinner, for more information.289-868-8949; smsconcepts@rogers.com

Answers

6
Robert Newsom, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Thu Nov 25, 2010
•Hardship letter
•Tax Returns
•Bank Records
•HOA, Property Taxes and other pertinent outlays associated with the property.
•Copy of Mortgage statements, liens or other monies owned on the house.
•Put out the word. Let everyone know you need to sell the home – fast. Use works like ‘motivated seller’ or “distressed homeowner” to indicate a willingness to work with buyers able to provide a fast closing.Contact the lender to let them know your situation. Perform maintenance and upkeep as you are able. If finances are an issue, try to make the property appear as attractive and well maintained as possible.
•Create a list of what you need the most from this deal. For example, if you need a fast closing avoid bankruptcy then say-so when speaking with the agent or potential short sale buyers. If you need a new place to live or rent after closing then mention that as well. Often these items can become part of the negotiation process to help make the deal work.
•Identify personal property prior to accepting a final offer. If you intend to take the appliances be sure to specify this in advance. Likewise, it’s important to bring all items that will remain with the home (good and bad) as well as be removed from the home prior to entertaining offers.
•Make a folder of all contact information and paperwork. Keep it accessible when speaking with real estate agents or potential buyers. Remember, everything must be in writing and never sign something you don’t fully understand.
•Avoid entertaining multiple offers all at once. While this might seem like a good way to increase the odds of a successful sale, it often creates unnecessary delays that could result in your losing the home or growing farther into debt. Instead, ask to see proof of financing or other indication of a quick closing.
•Keep it realistic. Even the most reputable short sale offer is likely to be somewhat slow given the large number of sales currently going through the system. A lot of sellers are searching for solid short sale offers so increase your odds by responding quickly to all inquiries and remaining patient throughout the process.
•Start Early. The sooner you start the better the odds of sellinf your home before it becomes critical or urgent.
Web Reference:  http://www.HomeSearches.com
Jessica Foote, Agent, Poway, CA
Thu Nov 18, 2010
I do! I have a condo/townhome built in 2008 that is in Carmel Mountain Ranch that is currently withdrawn. I listed it earlier this year and it had trouble selling. My client is looking to re-list now and this is JUST what we could use! Also - I have another pre-listing that could use a design makeover as well. I will give Sue a call for more information.

Thanks a million!

Jessica Foote
Prudential California Realty
DRE#01861694
jessicafoote@prusd.com
(858)335-8165
Dianne Reich…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
I have a property coming up that has a fabulous roof top view of the city of San Diego, but the floor plan is
very challenging..help! I have two additional properties....one has been in the process of remodeling for
3 years....the owner is a borderline hoarder who is stuck and/or afraid or unable to decide which way to go.

Help!
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Just sent you an email - begging you to come to New Jersey!
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Conrad Hodgs…, Landlord,
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Yes I have a listing that could need your help. It is a Short Sale and the house is empty.....I need it staged for sure. Please help!!! Thanks. Conrad
Phillis Datt…, , San Diego, CA
Wed Nov 17, 2010
I have great listings but can you come to my property and help me with landscaping and curb appeal???
Help???

Phillis Dattilo