Greetings, I own a duplex with a ex coworker she informed me she is going to retirement in March then wants to sell her 1/2

Asked by Debbiec, 91932 Fri Aug 6, 2010

We are in California, we own this duplex together under my credit, we both are on one deed and both on the loan, I am on SSDI and I have put 60k improvements on my side she has done nothing and because I am on SSDI she is claiming all the interest and property tax she took over 2k of my money .Our water is the only thing attached, I told her with the money of mine you took separate the water meters it will benefit her if she want to sell I can not move, the lone is in my name and hers. Can an appraiser just apprise her 1/2 undivided interest and stay away from me and my side and my improvements. And can I keep my loan with her 1/2 paid off?. I been in and out of hospitals she know this. So it is really tossed me for a loop being she could not of got in this place without me. I have PTSD, MST, and MDD so is it possible for me not to move? Zillo say's our duplex is worth 300k at one time it was 700k we owe about 262k and already took 60k out of the equity. HELP

Answers

8
Amy Heather…, Agent, Coronado, CA
Tue Jun 9, 2015
?K E R R | L A W
1330 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
(619) 694-7892

Please seek out an attorney. I would hate to see either of you miss out.
Alisa Kerr sometimes leads free work shops and will answer questions about asset protection.

I have been blown away during her evening about Real Estate and Trusts. She was so knowledgeable and available.

Amy Heather Morton

Coronado Living Luxury Homes
1033 B Ave Suite 100
Coronado, CA 92118

http://homes4saleincoronado.com/

Cell (619)-865-1477
amyheathermorton@gmail.com

CAL-BRE #01950710
Broker CAL-BRE #01295699
Each office is independently owned and operated.
Carolyn Crane, , Coronado, CA
Fri Sep 17, 2010
You need professional help. Before you spend money for a Real Estate attorney, you might want to check with legal aid and they can answer some of your questions so when you so see an attorney you will have some background insite and make have your self better prepared to speak with an attorney. Zillio extimate of worth can be off several thousand of dollars. Use an agent that show you what has sold and what is currently on the market. Good luck and I hope this works out for you.
Alex Saavedra, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Hi Debbie,
Ditto on the real estate atorney. Good luck!

Alex Saavedra
Century 21 Award
619-519-0683
alex.century21@ymail.com
Web Reference:  http://buysdhomess.com
Dp2, , Virginia
Fri Aug 6, 2010
You should have your real-estate attorney revew your agreement. You might consider buying the other interests with seller financing.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Hi Debbie,

It doesn't sound like you have a written partnership agreement with your partner, so you must see a real estate attorney for this one. There are too many issues to deal with yourself.

You also have to figure out how to stay in your home, or make other living arrangements if you find that you can't.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything along the way!

Best of luck to you, Debbie,
Cory
Dana Rosas &…, Agent, Covina, CA
Fri Aug 6, 2010
You need to see a Real Estate Attorney right away. Dana Rosas
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Consider seeking the advice of an attorney who specializes in real estate, see exactly what options you may have as he/she will be your best source of advice--most professionals do offer a free consultation.
Fred Glick, Agent, Mountain View, CA
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Debbiec,

You MUST go to a real estate attorney immediately.

What you are trying to do can't be done easily. She wants money and wants to be off the deed but you can't afford to qualify for a new mortgage.

You need to find a way under the existing mortgage to make things works smoothly.

Fred
Web Reference:  http://fglick.com