For Sale by Owner on Trulia

Asked by Carlos Villagomez, South Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Thu Jun 12, 2014

Hello, I need to set 8608 E. Rancho Vista Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85251 to for sale by Owner status. How do I go about this?

Answers

6
Jeff Fisher, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Jun 16, 2014
As you have most likely learned, Trulia dos not allow FSBO listings. Best of luck to you.
For greater exposure, professional representation and a stress free transaction process hire a Realtor!
James Wehner, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Jun 16, 2014
Hi Carlos,

Trulia doesn't allow FSBO to list on their site and for good reasons, not just because of REALTORS, but because there are too many scams out there taking advantage of unsuspecting home buyers and home owners. Give me a call, I can assist you in your attempt to sell your home on your own. I live and work in the area that you wish to sell your house, so I can easily meet with you on your schedule. I know many agents will tell you this, but I "DO" have a buyer looking for a house like yours. Is it remodeled or in similar condition as when you purchased it? Let's talk about it!

I look forward to your call.

James Wehner
West USA Realty
480-323-5462
Josh Hintzen, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Fri Jun 13, 2014
Hi Carlos!

Please see below for a link to Trulia's "official" word regarding its policy on FSBO properties - Mr. Parsons is correct, Trulia will not allow it.

https://support.trulia.com/hc/en-us/articles/201808306-I-am-…

Would you mind letting us know why you've decided to list your home yourself? I'm sorry if you've had a poor experience with a real estate agent in the past, but I can assure you that the right agent can make the home selling process much more painless and user-friendly, as well as make sure that your best interests are represented throughout the entire transaction and that you don't get "run over", so to speak, by the buyer's agent. I strongly urge you to consider using a licensed real estate agent. Of course, I am happy to offer my own services, but even if you don't choose me I hope you choose someone. I've seen too many transactions go south due to a client representing himself or using an inexperienced agent.

Best of luck!
Gayle.gwozdz, Home Buyer, New Britain, CT
Thu Apr 30, 2015
Hello person so fortunate as to live in a lovely area! (I live in CT.)
I'm sure I'll get "egged" for this response but I believe that even though
Trulia doesn't allow the listing of FSBO's, I think Zillow does.... Give
it a shot on your own. If it doesn't work, look at all the agents below who
are willing to help you.............
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Jan 1, 2015
In order to have your home advertised on Trulia, it will have to be listed for sale with a real estate broker. Have you been able to sell the house?
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Thu Jun 12, 2014
Trulia does not list homes that are For Sale By Owner. You'll have to list your home with a REALTOR if you would like your home listed here.