Finding listing agent for past sales?

Asked by Lucy, New Rochelle, NY Tue May 27, 2008

How do I find who the listing agent/office was for recent past sales, by location? I can find the houses and the sales prices but not the agents.

Answers

3
Gay E. Rosen, Agent, Larchmont, NY
Wed May 28, 2008
If you look up companies in any given area, and research the agents within that company either through agent look-up or their individual websites, many times you will see noted their recent sales within the community. That should give you an idea of their expertise in any particular town. However, some agents do not list recent sales. I do not know whether you are seeking a listing agent or an agent who knows the area in order to purchase, but regardless of which, I would suggest you go to area companies and seek advice. It is also okay to ask any agent how many homes they have listed/sold in any given town.
Web Reference:  http://www.gayrosen.com
Karen Benvin…, Agent, Bedford, TX
Wed May 28, 2008
What you are basically looking for is who will bring the BUYERS! A very tactful way to do that is to call the manager of your local branch of whatever real estate company you would like to deal with. To begin with you want to work with a company that has the market share and marketing muscle. Hint, Hint! Also you want to deal with a company that offers the most Internet exposure - both with their own consumer friendly website which carries the whole MLS plus has partnered with the top Real Estate websites such as Trulia.com! 85% of consumers begin and continue their searches throughout the process on the Internet. Therefore - on the listing side you need to be aligned with such a company that will automatically "plug" you in and if you do not choose to use such a company - their hardworking agents would hopefully bring in the Buyers. In this Market - you need both sides of expertise!
I would be happy to help you!
All the Best,
Karen from Katonah
Houlihan Lawrence
914-232-1212 x342
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Tue May 27, 2008
You need to get that information from a Realtor. Contact me off line and I will provide a contact in New Rochelle for you. Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com