Does anyone know where I can find a form to appeal commission reduction by Indymac, violating HAFA guidlines?

Asked by Bill Thew, SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL Fri Jun 4, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Fri Jun 4, 2010

HAFA is a "voluntary" program. If they are going under HAFA and your client is also getting $3,000 relocation expenses, then the commission must be 6%.

Also Indymac is actually owned by OneWest now and OneWest got a sweeheart deal with the FDIC so they have little incentive to do modifications.

Good luck!
0 votes
Debra B Albe…, Agent, Port St Lucie, FL
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Talk to your broker who will engage your companies legal team to look into the matter to establish your grounds. If your company does not have a law team, consult your Board of Realtors, they have a real estate attorney on stand by.

Debbie Albert, PA
Coldwell Banker Residential
0 votes
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Bill is Indymac working under HAFA guidelines? I don't think so.

From the Treasury Q&A

If your servicer is on our participant list, or your mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, call your servicer back and ask to speak to a supervisor. You may also contact a HUD-approved housing counselor for assistance.

If your servicer is not participating in the Program, ask your servicer or a housing counselor about other options that may be available.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more