Does anyone know what the market is like for selling a one year old home lin Fuquay Varina, NC for less than?

Asked by Pat, North Carolina Thu Jun 5, 2008

$200K that's been barely lived in? I've had it listed for two weeks and only one showing! I am looking to move north and can't make any plans until it sells. Thank you!

Answers

5
Sharon Lewis, Agent, Garner, NC
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Pat
I hope by this point in time, you home has sold and you have moved on!
Jennifer Bra…, , Garner, NC
Mon Feb 8, 2010
Work with your agent and do what you can to help your home stand out. The other posts are right-- FV is a great area but this market has caused buyers to get picky. Do what you can to help your home show great and stand out!

Best of Luck on your move,

Jennifer
Krista Abshu…, Agent, Fuquay Varina, NC
Thu Jun 26, 2008
The market in Fuquay is still active, however buyers have become very selective and want to find the best deal for their dollar. Of course, it is important to realize that buyers take many items into consideration when choosing a home to view and possibly purchase. Items such as... was your home built by a custom builder or a tract builder, how large is your yard, is the floorplan of your home family friendly & functional, do your neighbors take care of their homes & yards? However the single most important item that buyers are concerned with is price. Which is why you need be one of the lowest priced homes with similar square footage in your market. Buyers will start looking at the homes that will meet their characteristics and are the lowest priced. A positive spin on selling your home in this market is that when you do move up north you will become the buyer and be able to find a really good deal on your next home! Best of luck with your home.
Daniel Eberw…, Agent, Clayton, NC
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Pat - Without know the particulars of the neighborhood you are in, I'm going to assume that you have new construction still occuring in the neighborhood since your home is only one year old. If that is the case, then you have a couple of things going against you. You are competing with the new construction for buyers, and most peoples preference when things are equal is to buy the new home. Many buyer's will not even look at your home if similar new construction is in the neighborhood. You have to make your house stand out from the crowd to get the buyers to come. Also, depending on the neighborhood, the builder could be slashing prices to below what you paid a year ago. I've seen this in many neighborhoods in the triangle as builder try to move sitting inventory. Overall in Wake Co. sales are down 25% to 35% compared to last year. A quick check of the MLS shows Fuquay's solds are down around 25% also. If new construction is still occuring, you need to get the attention of the buyers as they look at the neighborhood. Hold all day open houses Sat & Sun (you, not your agent) to showcase your house. It needs to be pristine inside and out, especially out. And be prepared to offer a better deal then the builder. Good luck, selling a new house one year after moving in is not the easiest to do, especially in today's market. Feel free to let me know if you have more questions.
Web Reference:  http://www.tri4sale.com
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Pat,
It is my understanding that the Raleigh market is still going steady. Now without knowing the particulars of your listing it is hard to comment. Depending on the marketing approach of your broker you may just now be hitting the magazines and internet on some national sites. Two weeks is not along time. Did your broker give you their game plan for marketing your home and the game plan for getting it sold? I will always do an individual marketing plan for each listing. Since no two homes are the same (unless it is new construction). I would say at this point ask your agent where your home is being marketed? Also did you get a CMA when it was listed? You should get an updated CMA every month to make sure you do not need to adjust the price.

Hope this helps