Wendy, Both Buyer and Seller in St. Pete. Fl.

Does anyone know the average time span to sell a home in 33709? St. Pete. Fl.

Asked by Wendy, St. Pete. Fl. Thu Mar 27, 2008

I would only report this years' stats, personally, since the market is changing so rapidly...I get:
7 Pending sales in that zip code, an average of 86 days on the market (pending sales are THE most up-to-date statistical evidence of sales activity), for an average home list price of $151,791
So far this year, there have been 16 sales closed in that zip code for an average list price of $157,537, sale price of $149,156, and 71 days on the market. This MAY indicate that the number of days on the market is trending upward a little over 1%, or it could just mean that we had our usual Winter slump.

Keep in mind, Wendy, that sales activity is only an indication of properly priced homes!
6 months to a year for the most part. If your house is under 175K then you might be able to sell it closer to 6 months, but right now homes over 220K are moving very slow.
Hi Wendy,

As you know there are no guarantees in life, however I can tell you the the only thing selling at the moment is PRICE. The inventory of homes for sale in Pinellas County is very high. The theory of supply and demand holds true in our housing market. What would make a buyer purchase your home, when he has so many others to chose from? You need to be well positioned amongst your competition and make sure your property is priced to sell.
Remember too Wendy, that you may sell a little less than what you thought, but if you are in the market to buy somewehere else, you will also buy for less. wish you the best and hope you sell soon....
Amy, Given the proper exposure time, which is defined as the time a property is on the market AND priced within a market accepted price range, you should be able to sell your house within 90 days. The problem is setting the correct price. If you would like an unbiased value opinion on the property you wish to sell, contact me @ 727-560-0356. An appraisal is the only true method of establishing an asking price, as it applies the most complete methodologies for determining such a value. Regards, John Huston
Web Reference: http://www.laspalmasapp.com
The answer to your question can be effected by the window representing the period of time you are seeking. Could you provide a time reference for us?
The "Eckelr Team"
Hi Wendy, Your average time frame is probably around 3-6 months but that is taking into account that you have the home properly marketed, priced right, and showing well. You can always sell it quickly if you need to but again you would most likely want to have it handled by a professional Realtor like me because after I look at the condition of your home, what has recently sold that is similiar (a comparible market analysis) to your home as well as other factors I can give you different scenerios to sell your home in 30-60 days & 60- 120 days etc...
Hi Wendy. Brigitte is correct regarding the average number of days on the market in 33709 over the last year; however keep in mind that the days on the market have greatly increased since November of 2007. The latest stats put the average well priced home on the market in Pinellas County around 115 days. The stats are according to the Pinellas Realtor Organizations as of March 26, 2008. Best of luck and let me know if we are able to be of assistance!
Dear Wendy, Since June of last year there were 123 homes sold to this date and of those sold the days on the market were 74.
Brigitte Lukas-Szabady
Realty Executives-Suncoast