Does anyone know how legitimate cashoffers.com is? It seems like a good idea but worried about getting ripped off as a seller.

Asked by Jdale, Brandon, IA Mon Jul 26, 2010

Answers

3
Robin Torme', Home Buyer, 90210
Fri Oct 31, 2014
I contacted one of these companies - can't remember which one - just to see what happened. 3 men toured our house then one called back and said we'd get more money putting it on the market and they tried to get us to list the house with them. It seems like an ad for these investors and agents to generate leads for listings or to fish for below market deals. I never did get a 'cash offer' like they claimed. Just a big waste of my time. When a company pays a lot of money to run an ad, you have to ask yourself why? There has to be something in it for them to do this so it's a way for them to try and benefit off of you at your expense.
Bartley Wils…, Home Seller, Colorado Springs, CO
Sat May 24, 2014
I just put my lake house up as bait on this one. After you click the SUBMIT button you get this:

The professional home buyer in your area is (Michael Jake)
Swift Results, Inc. is a Colorado Corporation founded by Michael Jake, it\'s President.

The response form is riddled with errors, and HTML mistakes in the code. A tell-tale sign the entire thing is built on a deck of cards.

Rule of thumb: When you see the as seen on CNN billboard, and now I see the site is a piece of crap, this means they spent next to nothing on the technology.

They are NOT REALTORs, so to me -- it sounds pretty suspicious.

I'm going to be recording the conversation and posting the entire thing to: CustomerCircus.com as a Buyer Beware post.

Do not waste your time on these bozos. That's my two cents opinion.
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Mon Jul 26, 2010
Jdale: Not a lot of information about them on the web as far as reviews...They are advertising for Realtors heavily, though and most of these Internet sites pay very little to the Realtors who sign up with them.

As with any Internet driven site you most likely will not get personal service.

I am not saying they are not reputable but check out these pitfalls and make sure you don't fall for them:

Cash offers--Cons might say, “Let me save you the hassle of putting your home on the market and having strangers traipsing through your home. I'll give you this amount in cash and you can move next week." Bad guys don’t offer the current value, so stay up on home values in your neighborhood.

Junk fees--One scam involves charging excessive fees for duplication, document preparation, and so forth. Denny says one red flag that you’re possibly being gouged is if your closing costs exceed five percent of the total amount of the loan.

___________________________
Web Reference:  http://www.soreal.biz
is this a legit
Flag Tue Mar 24, 2015