Do you think the taxes are any worse or better than surrounding towns?

Asked by JoAnn , Naples, FL Fri Nov 16, 2012

Answers

2
Susan Hughes’ answer
Susan Hughes, Agent, Pittsford, NY
Fri Nov 16, 2012
I agree with Brad's answer, however you also need to look at the services that may be included in the taxes paid. For example, some villages include trash pickup in their taxes or police services. One always has to keep the assessed value in mind when evaluating properties as well--some values may be overassessed and the owner should appeal them through the town. I have represented buyers for whom the taxes in Irondequoit were considered a factor in their decisionmaking process, particularly those who were first-time homebuyers. Of course, there are many factors in the home buying process, but they certainly play a role when buyer or selling a home.
Brad Newton, Agent, Rochester, NY
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Joann, the taxes vary by town etc. If you are working with an agent he/she can give you all this information freely. A professional will save you a lot of time and money in your search. As for specific taxes, its based upon price, lot size, improvements, SF etc. If you move to other areas of rochester you may find a price range and taxes that meet your needs. I would be glad to answer any other real estate questions you have or assist you with looking for homes within your specific criteria. For further questions feel free to call/txt me at 585-236-7780, or email me at BradNewton@remaxcustom.com

Brad Newton
RE/MAX Custom
Certified Buyer Agent
Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Brad I’m moving out of state, I just wanted to get other opinions on whether Irondequoit taxes are similar to other towns when it comes to services/$ per lot size etc I do thank you for your response.
Flag Fri Nov 16, 2012