Do you publish homes for sale by owner or just brokers?

Asked by Judy Oriola, 02359 Fri Apr 12, 2013

Are homes for sale by owner not published on trulia?

Answers

6
mkd1, Home Buyer, Milton, MA
Fri May 5, 2017
There is absolutely nothing complex in selling your house yourself and there are NO HORROR stories neither, Realtors say that to keep their business.
The major problem you will encounter is that 95 % of agents will simply BOYCOTT your listing so you will end up with a lower price and a longer time: all this because buyers blindly trust their agents and these guys guide them wherever they want.
In this business your customer are RE Agents, not the buyer.
Don Brenneman, Agent, Centerville, OH
Sat Aug 24, 2013
For sale by owner (FISBO) are sometimes listed on the MLS through discount Broker Agencies. Individual owners are not able to list on the area MLS boards, which is where most of the home sales will be generated from for most homes. When you limit the exposure, you minimize the potential value of the home. Be aware of the discounted service and what they do or do not provide should you be interested in listing or buying a FISBO. Statistics show that over 80% of the homes listed for sale by owner eventually go with a qualified listing Agent/Broker. We are better equipped and able to maximize the value of the property and to negotiate the best price for the sale of the home. I saw a list once of all the steps involved in getting a home listed and sold which identified several hundred functions needed to be done to complete a sale. Be careful when dealing with inexperienced owners trying to sale their own property. I have heard of many horror stories that have created major issues for folks involved in these types of transactions. Good luck.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Apr 12, 2013
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
Kim DeGust, Agent, Marshfield, MA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi Judy
Some FSBOs will be on Trulia but many will not be. In order to get on Trulia the seller will have to pay an "entry only" broker to place their home in the MLS or submit the listing to a FSBO website that has a contract with Trulia. Please call me if I can answer any questions for you. 781-363-0485. I'd be happy to do a free market analysis your home.
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Fri Apr 12, 2013
I would contact a local real estate professional to save time and money.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Bonnie Cisse…, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Fri Apr 12, 2013
If you are an owner agent you can publish your home for sale. I don't believe Trulia has a for sale by owner area. You may want to contact them directly to find out that answer.