Do I need to have my home re-appraised?

Asked by David L. Olson, Turner, OR Mon Oct 4, 2010

Answers

4
Catherine Ul…, Agent, Portland, OR
Mon Nov 15, 2010
If you are not planning on moving or refinancing, than no, you do not. I can pull recent comps for you at no charge if you are curious about your current market value.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Are you looking to sell and are you looking for comps--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area in order to establish a list price--if so any local agent(s) can help you--or are you refinancing.......
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Mon Oct 4, 2010
Why would you need to have your home re-appraised? Are you trying to sell and have a buyer in line? Do you need to do a short sale? If you give us more information - we will be able to answer your question.
Thesa Chambe…, Agent, Bend, OR
Mon Oct 4, 2010
David;

Your question is unclear - for what purpose would you need your home re-appraised? If you are wanting to sell your home, then an experienced agent should be able to show you what similar homes in your area have sold for and give you an idea of what a listing and sales price would be.

If you are looking to refinance then the bank doing your refinance would order a new appraisal.

If you just want to know the value of your property you could have your home reappraised, or talk to an agent -