Do I need a lawyer when I sell a mobile home by owner?

Asked by Susan Harrigan, Vero Beach, FL Sun Jan 25, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Sun Jan 25, 2009

Selling a mobile home is very similar to selling a car. Unless you are also selling the land where the mobile home is based. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has a checklist that you can refer to. I have seen mobile home transfer go very smoothly without any attorney involved.

A buyer may feel more comfortable having an attorney prepare the purchahse and sale agreement. From experience, just the back of the title/registration needs to be transfered.
2 votes
M. Arciero, , California
Mon Feb 16, 2009
Sometimes selling a mobile home is not as straightforward as you think, you might want to consult with a real estate attorney.
0 votes
Deb & Bob de…, Agent, Vero Beach, FL
Sun Jan 25, 2009
When in doubt contact a lawyer. In Florida you can also contact the Department of Motor Vehicles. If you are considering purchasing a house in Indian River County, FL. please think of me.

Deborah deMontigny, REALTOR
RE/MAX Premier Property Showcase
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Vero Beach Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more