Div. court order to sell house he has control until the sell. can he sell w/o my signature if its on the deed? realtor will not give me info

Asked by Sherry Feltman Mcclung, Dallas, TX Sat Oct 20, 2012

Answers

4
Jo Barnes, Agent, RALEIGH, NC
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Sherry, the answer (here in NC) is NO- NO- NO- NO ! In the state of North Carolina if your name is on the deed then your name best be on the listing agreement as well.

And if what you say is true and the REALTOR won't contact you , then you need to 1, CALL AN ATTORNEY 2. CALL THE REAL ESTATE COMMISSION to report , and 3. call me for the names of some great real estate attorneys
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Oct 21, 2012
Not sure about other states, but in Texas you can not "remove" a name from a deed once it's recorded. One party can only deed his/her interest to another party.
Kalyn Ringwo…, Agent, Cary, NC
Sun Oct 21, 2012
He should not be able to sell the home without your signature. I would consult your attorney to verify, but usually if your name is on the deed, in order for him to sell the house he would need you to remove your name from the deed, or he needs you to sign off on the sale.
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Generally speaking, if more than one person is on title (deed), all parties must be in agreement in order to consummate a sale unless a court order states otherwise. Assuming the divorce has been finalized, a review of the divorce decree should be considered, along with a consultation with an attorney.