Dealing with an agent for 2 years now and have not been able to sell property, paying back HOA dues...what next?

Asked by Sylvia Martinez, West Covina, CA Wed Dec 12, 2012

Answers

10
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Hi martinez.sylvia89,

I agree with John's comment(s), and at the same time I'm wondering if the financial state of the HOA may be preventing a sale, or the ownership mix; which, would both be hard for any Agent to cure.

In any case, all roads seem to point back to your Agent for "next steps".

-Steve
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Either your home is listed too high for the market area it's in, it's got some showing issues that need to be addresses or your RE agent is not doing a very good job for you. I would ask your agent to do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA).
Steve Kobold, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Hi Sylvia
Sharon Kobold and I "Steve Kobold" can give you a free market analysis like everyone else plus market your home over market price and get it sold for you in a month or less. The Kobold Team track record in selling homes more than comp value time and time again. If you want your house sold quickly and for top price give us a call. Sharon Kobold 909-228-3336 or Steve Kobold 909-731-9797
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Dear Sylvia,
It doesn't make sense that your property is taking this long to sell. If I was the owner of your property I would get a new Market analysis of the vaule of your home and start again with a new Realtor, new pricing and marketing strategy. You might consider "staging" your property to show it at it's best possible light to buyers.
Your Realtor also should be giving you "feedback" on what the buyer comments are so you can take care of any issues that they are concerned about.
Do another Broker Open and this time get all the comments from the brokers about what they think the property should sell for.
Bill Mota, Agent, Arcadia, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Condos in Upland usually sell very well. It may be time to have another agent with experience take a look at your property. I have been a broker for over 20 years and specialize in residential and residential income property throughout the San Gabriel Valley and Inland Empire. Please give me a call with your property address and I will give you my honest opinion of what it would sell for - no obligation. I hope to hear from you soon. Either way, good luck.

Bill Mota
626) 233-0190 cell
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Hi Sylvia,

Two years? You are a very patient individual.....

There is generally a reason why a property doesn't sell.....in your opinion, why hasn't the property sold?

Some common causes could be the agent's marketing plan, pricing it too high for the market, lack of appeal, poor location, the home's condition, excessive fees, etc. Before moving on, if that is your choice, it may be helpful to sit down with your present agent to find out why they feel the property hasn't sold during your listing period. You most certainly should find this information helpful regardless of whether or not you are "moving on" of staying with the same agent.

Best wishes,

Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Well you got a few good answers below and there is not much for me to add. But you know usually if and when a property does not sell, it is either the price and/or the way the property shows, and the latter could be all kinds of things, its location, the building itself, amenities included or not etc. etc.
You also need to discuss with your Agent, what is happening in your market area, what has recently sold and for how much, and in what condition, so that you educate yourself about the market and the
competing properties, if nothing has sold, it may be your market, if others have sold then you should discuss the details of those sales with your agent.

Also ask about any staging you could do to your property, to improve its chances, have a look at the
photos on the internet how impressive does your property show on the internet etc. etc.

Discuss it with your current agent and see what changes you can make.....

Good luck to you.

Hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients at @Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
Caroline Bar…, , Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Hi Sylvia,

Sorry to hear you've had to experience waiting so long for your property to sell. You certainly can change agents and start fresh; however, there could be number of reasons why your condo/townhome isn't selling. Is it an FHA approved complex? Many times if a complex is not approved for FHA / VA loan then you are limited to number of buyers available since you're looking to only conventional loan buyers or cash buyers. This can be one of the reasons...

I'll be happy to assist you. You can reach me on my cell at 909-200-9280 or email me at sales@daycreekrealty.com. At Day Creek Realty we are offering cash backs to all our buyers and sellers at close of escrow. Thank you.

Caroline Barooshian
Real Estate Broker/Realtor®
License: #01067678
DAY CREEK REALTY
Direct: (909) 200-9280
Michelle Gon…, Agent, Los Alamitos, CA
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Have you asked your agent why they think the home hasn't sold? 2 years is a very long time no matter what the condition of the property or homeowners association. You can also ask yourself a few questions such as how accessible are you making the home for potential buyers to view? Is it priced right? Has your agent asked you to reduce your price? What is the condition of the home? Even if the HOA is an issue with financing, there are too many buyers out there for a home not to sell.
Nick Bertoli…, , Upland, CA
Wed Dec 12, 2012
you should have had offers within 14 days if priced and marketed correctly. i also have to agree with a previous post that the hoa might be an issue. also possible condition issues. in either case a properly priced should have no problem.selling. upland us a prestegious city with great schools. if you want i can help. 909-358-9706.