Consumers... who do you feel you are hiring... the agent or the brokerage firm? And does it really matter to

Asked by Lorie Gould, Duluth, GA Fri Nov 30, 2007

you what firm your favorite agent is associated with?

Answers

3
Paul B. Perez, , Austin, TX
Tue Dec 11, 2007
I would say it depends on your view point. I have some clients that hire me and other who hire the trusted name? I look forward to seeing a consumers view on this question.
Gail Hiebert, , KCMO
Sat Dec 1, 2007
That is a very interesting question. The agent feels that the client hires 'them' for their great personalities,superb humor, their ability to leap buildings at a single bounce, their eternal patience with their complaints and whines, their happy smiles to counter their depression and bad days, and for all those other reason, the greatest of which, is usually a relationship cultivated over time. The client does not think they are hiring a brokerage firm. The brokerage firm however, is by law, the actual holder of the legal contract and feels-believe that the client is 'theirs', and so by contract, this is correct. The broker however is not the person who will provide all the services an agent does, as mentioned above, and if the agent should leave the broker, most clients are disappointed and sometime very upset that they have been abandonned by the agent and by the uncaring broker. While this is the state of affairs in the business, the consumer feels they are hiring that (should-be) wonderful agent.
Web Reference:  http://www.taxcats.net
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Nov 30, 2007
Always the agent but the firm doesn't hurt.