Nhbb22, Home Buyer in Dahlgren, VA

Commission

Asked by Nhbb22, Dahlgren, VA Tue Mar 27, 2012

The people that offered cash went through listing agent. So my agent is getting commission from both ends couldn't he just cut his commission to make this deal work for me

Answers

9
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Oct 25, 2013
Many agents may be willing to take a little off the commission to make a deal work, I have done that several times. But I will do it for deals where I am getting paid a decent commission in the first place, and I would do it if the seller owes alot of money to the bank and there's no room for the seller to be flexible on the price and I will do it but it depends on how much off my commission we are talking about too.

But it's not common for an agent/broker to compromise their commission, especially if the seller is making a large profit and can make his/her own deal work by adjusting the price. Just think about your deal and what you're paying the agent and if it's fair for the agent, especially if a portion goes to their broker. Maybe you and the agent can work together on making it come together.
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Thu Aug 29, 2013
You need to review the listing agreement that you signed with the listing agent. So, it is not surprising that most of your concerns are stipulated on that agreement. Call the real estate agent and discuss this matter with him.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Wed Mar 28, 2012
I must assume that you agreed to the compensation at time of listing so just because the buyer went thru the listing agent doesn't change the terms of you agreement.
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Mar 28, 2012
Dear Nhbb22:

You should not penalize an agent for doing a good job. If your agent was able to produce a buyer offering more than any other agent, that would be indicative of an agent doing a great job. It also is a lot of hard work.

I would suggest you not try to nickel and dime the agent, if you need more money then just give the buyers a counteroffer. However, based on the previous questions you had asked and what I know about your situation, your best bet may be to just take the deal!

Remember, that once you accept the offer, you then have to get into contract, hopefully the deal gets to that point! If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Mar 28, 2012
This question should be directed to your agent since you have a commission agreement; one can ask the agent to reduce his/her commission; however reverse the shoes a bit, how would you react if you were the agent, and were asked to take a pay cut...be happy that you have an offer on the table, many sellers don't....
Luke Constan…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Mar 28, 2012
It usually works one way:
Your listing (seller's agent) is getting less, not more. They have to give a portion of that commission to the buyer's agent for getting a ready, willing and able buyer at closing.
Nhbb22, Home Buyer, Dahlgren, VA
Tue Mar 27, 2012
Listing agent works for them seller no dual represtation
Barbara Brod…, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Tue Mar 27, 2012
That maybe a possibility, it is all up to your agent if it is worth making those concessions with double the liability for representing both parties in a legal sense.

Dual agency representations can get very sticky at times for the agent negotiating for both parties being the sole agent.
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Mar 27, 2012
Possibly, but - why?

If you feel that your agent hasn't created enough value for you for him to get paid, then perhaps you should get another one.

As a real estate broker, I feel the need to gently remind you that your financial limitations are not necessarily your broker's concern.