Colorado Licensing question..

Asked by Paige, 86314 Mon Oct 1, 2007

If you have a real estate license in Arizona and you want one in Colorado do you have to take the whole course over again? I know that some states allow a license to transfer, Colorado and Arizona don't do that. But, will they accept any of my schooling from Arizona? Also if I already took the classroom hours in Arizona would it be bad to just take the Colorado prelicensing online? I know Arizona does not allow distance education... Does anyone know if they accept that in Colorado?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joseph Salam…, , Gnd. Jct. ,CO.
Mon Oct 1, 2007
This link will take you to the Colorado License Recognition info. It appears that you already know that Colorado and Arizona have no recognition. If the two states do not have recognition than you need to start from scratch under most circumstances. Colorado allows online training as long as the school is on the approved list.… The only other way around this is if you have a degree from an accredited degree-granting college or university with a major course of study in real estate. Another suggestion would be to call the Colorado Real Estate Commission and ask the questions so that you can hear from the horse’s mouth so to speak.
0 votes
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Hi Paige. I think I would either contact the Colorado Division of Real Estate or a real estate school. Below is the link to a real estate school that offers classes for Colorado, Nebraska and Texas. I would contact them and tell them what education you have already and they'll probably be able to tell you what you still need to do get your license. Good luck.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Aileen-Manha…, , New York, NY
Mon Oct 1, 2007

You can contact the Department in charge of licensing in Colorado or a brokerage in Colorado to determine the answer. Or better yet, just google it.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more