Yanni Raz, Real Estate Pro in los angeles, CA

Can you give me some tips to get more listings? Every agent is thinking different and we all have different

Asked by Yanni Raz, los angeles, CA Fri Jun 12, 2009

approach to our business. if some of you have any good tips for me please let me know.
Thank you.

Answers

12
Go to Youtube and search for the "100 Days to Greatness Video". Then find someone in your area who offers it and do it.

I offer it in my office in Tampa and it has been great.

Gary De Pury
Broker Owner
Bay Vista Realty
Tampa Florida
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 3, 2009
Best sources for new business in order of importance:

1) Your past clients and their referrals
2) Your sphere of influence/ people who know you
3) For Sale by Owners
4) Expireds
5) Owners around properties that were just listed or just sold. Even if the selling agent was another agent in your company, odds are they are not picking up the phone to call the surrounding neighbors and ask if they are interested in selling. Maybe you should.

If you have not done so already, pick up copies of The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, and Shift, How Top Agents Tackle tough Times. Both are written by Gary Keller, the founder of Keller Williams Realty.

GOOD LUCK!
Barry Dunn
KW Fort Lauderdale
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 22, 2009
Yanni,

I like to knock on doors especially FSBO's and Expireds because you know they want to sell. When they answer, I just introduce myself and ask if they would like me to help them sell their house. They will say Yes or No. A lot of times they are angry because they get a wave of realtors knocking on their door... every now and then you will get someone calm who will listen to you. Its a numbers game, the more you knock or call people, eventually you will get a lead.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 12, 2009
Everything works if you just do it. The problem most of us have is not doing anything. Rarely will people hunt us down in our living rooms and ask if we will sell their house.

As someone who is low on listings at the moment, I am not the best person to answer this question. As soon as I get my head above water with all these buyers (too many of them and they're all crazy), I plan to go knock on some doors - hopefully starting Tuesday. My opening line after introduction - I am meeting with people here in your neighborhood to give you some great news. The real estate market is changing, and homes like yours are in demand; selling with multiple offers in just a few days. We are literally running out of homes to sell like this and so I came by to ask if you are interested in selling your home anytime soon.

And, it's true. Honesty is always effective.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 12, 2009
Some agents are born to be listing agents and others are born to be buyers agents, not many can work bith sides and be great at it. Listing agents require patience and alot of knowledge of teh area they want to list in. Referrals are the best source of new listings, do a good job and everyone will know.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
How about taking advantage of all those listings out there and use them to find buyers. Ask agents in your office if yo can hold their listings open for them. When unrepresented buyers come in...get them talking about what they are looking for and offer to run an MLS search and send them listings. Communicate with them...find them some interesting properties...and work as the buyers' agent. They have money and want to buy a home. The heck with hard-to-sell listings!
There are lots of great strategies for increasing contacts, from which you will get increased opportunities to present your case for listing.

However what very few agents realise is that they can easily treble their listings in 30 days, just working with their existing leads, simply by applying "directive language" in a particular way.

It's remarkably easy to learn, and that one technique alone has been responsible for taking "mediocre" performers into the top of their agency. The best part is that the lessons are free.
Don't go looking for listings, just go looking for contacts. As Laura said, you are missing 3 to 5 potential contacts a day. There is a guy http://www.LocalWraps.com that does 5000 business cards for $150.00. These are high quality cards, and he doesn't nickle and dime you on setup and artwork....just the 150.00 (plus shipping I guess to you)

Anyway, I get 5000 cards every year, and hand out all that I can where ever I can. My goal is to get them all out every year, and I do. That is 14 Cards a day by the way.

Gary De Pury
Broker-Owner
Bay Vista Realty
Tampa, Florida
Communication. Weekly at a Minimum. Updates after each showing. E-mail sales and competition, as they happen. Let potential Sellers know you will keep them informed. And, follow through, Do it. I send propaganda with that exactly spelled out. For sale By Owner and Expired Listings may especially crave the information and professional contact. But you need to be the communicative type, and be consistent. Believe it or not, you have 3-5 opportunities a day to get a new client, and you just don't recognize the prospect. Good Luck ! Laura C

Laura Chapman Realtor William E Wood Licensed in Virginia
The Millionaire Real Estate Agent is a great book. I am currently reading it and love it.
If you have sold anything recently, send out Just Sold postcards to an area where you'd like listings. Sellers may see that you are selling homes and ask you to sell theirs! :)
Think back to all of your training and remember that you can't be a secret agent. Everyone you know-friends, relatives, doctors, insurance people etc.-should know you are a Realtor and have your cards in their wallets to hand out (or if it's business see if you can display your cards or brochure). Work the expireds; try to get listings where you can have a sign in the yard with your name and contact info; hold open houses to bring in neighbors who may also want to list when they see how hard you work.