Can someone refer me to go an inexpensive real estate attorney who can navigate me through the residential sales process in Ohio?

Asked by Primetime25, Los Angeles, CA Tue Aug 17, 2010

I'm selling a home in Ohio privately, without the use of real estate agents. i've actually already found the buyer and need some help from anattorney to make sure we're following the correct steps during the sales process (e.g., title, escrow, etc.)

Answers

3
Susan Blanford’s answer
Susan Blanfo…, Agent, Kettering, OH
Tue Nov 1, 2011
I find it curious that you would ask a Realtor to help you find an inexpensive real estate attorney, even though you state in your question that you do not wish to sue a real estate agent. I wish you the best in the sale of your home.
Bob and Sue…, Agent, Dayton, OH
Wed Aug 18, 2010
John Ebersole 937-866-2485 Miamisburg Ohio. He can help with the contract details. Janet's recommendation of a good title company is a good one. Caution to the seller though. Neither of these can help with the negotiation process. i.e. inspections, timing of the details, and the hundreds of other details that accompany a successful transaction. Those are on you.
Janet Unkefer, , Minerva, OH
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Hi Primetime,

I recommend that you contact a reputable title company. The title company will handle the entire transaction from providing a purchase contract, prepartation of all legal documents, title insurance policy, title search, pro-ration of taxes,escrow , recording of the deed etc. They will also make sure that everything is done to meet the requirements of the buyer's lender.

If the buyer is going through a lender you might want to ask that lender if they have a title company that they routinely work with or would recommend.

Good Luck and Congratulations on your sale,

Janet Unkefer
Cutler Real Estate
330-868-6219

janetunkefer@aol.com