Can our realtor from Oklahoma who is selling our current home help us with a one time transaction of buying a new home in Texas once this home sells?

Asked by Gossipgirl, Tulsa, OK Tue Jun 22, 2010

Relocating from Oklahoma to Texas

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Cantero, Agent, Broken Arrow, OK
Thu Jul 22, 2010
I know that we at Coldwell Banker Select can refer clients anywhere in the country through our relocatoin department and I will actually interview the agent I am referring to be sure they are the right person for my client. If you need any help call or text me at 918-313-0408. Hope your move goes smoothly.
0 votes
Darryl Baskin, Agent, Bixby, OK
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Ask your Realtor to find an agent for you in Texas. She can remain involved in your relocation by connecting you to an agent in Texas. It sounds ike you trust her and that is a valuable consieration in your move. You will be helping her by allowing her to earn a referral fee from your new agent in Texas and helping yourself by keeping someone you know you can trust involved in your move through completion.
Web Reference:  Http://
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Your current agent can help you only if she is licensed in Texas--however, more than likely he/she can refer you to other agents who can help you in Texas, and your agent could receive a referral fee.
0 votes
Tribeca NW, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Jun 22, 2010
If your Realtor is with a National brokerage like RE/MAX, Century 21, Prudential, etc... there is a vast referral network with in those companies. If your Realtor has the CRS(Certified Residential Specialist) Designation, I would assure you that your in good hands with their referral network...

I am sure Realtor has done their due dilligence and has found you a qualified Realtor. I would trust thier judgment. Good luck!!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Gossipgirl, Home Seller, Tulsa, OK
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Our realtor in Oklahoma is not referring me to another realtor and I haven't even talked to her about the possibility of this sort of thing. I was just curious if it is possible because we have used her in the past and trust her to help us negotiate the best deal for us. She isn't licensed in Texas so I guess that is a no then huh? I thought she would be able to share the commission with the listing agent in Texas maybe.
0 votes
Nikita Willi…, Agent, Hiram, GA
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Not unless there license in texas. However they can do a broker to broker referral.
0 votes
Jennifer Bla…, Agent, Owasso, OK
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Depends on how she helps you and if she iif she will be compensated by you or someone else. Is she licensed in the State of Texas? Is she referring you to another Realtor in Texas?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more