Can i list my home for sale , I am not a broker?

Asked by Vin Sturniolo, 01720 Sun Apr 25, 2010

Answers

8
Sean Dawes’ answer
Sean Dawes, , Philadelphia, PA
Sun Apr 25, 2010
Vin,

You cannot list your home for sale on trulia unless you are a real estate agent/broker but there are some kind of small ads you can do as a FSBO.

Have you tried just using craigslist so far?

Sean
Julian Drake…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Sure you can sell you home by yourself, but get serious and ask yourself the questions others have posted in their answers. Here's a short blog on the subject.
http://www.trulia.com/blog/juliandrakeford/2010/09/fsbo_or_n…
Mary Sheppard, , Concord, MA
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Yes, you can do a For Sale By Owner (FSBO). Though, before you embark on selling your home yourself ask yourself the following questions:

How will I established the right asking price? Can I strategically market my property? Should my property be listed on Multiple Listing Service (MLS)? Do I know how to market my home using the Internet? Should I hire an attorney to handle all of the paperwork? Do you have the time to manage everything?

I respect your desire to sell your home alone. I also know it can be stressful to manage the process without professional help. If you have questions, I’d be happy to help. Call me. My contact information is on my website.

My experience, as well as my professional networks and other advertising tools, allow me to generate top results for my clients by leveraging every possible marketing initiative.
Tom and Joan…, Agent, Boston, MA
Wed Apr 28, 2010
Vin:

Of course you can do a For Sale By Owner which is very common in our area. If you do not get the desired results your looking for contact me. I went to AB and have sold many homes there in the past year. I sold a home in Indian village a few months ago in 3 days for 10K over asking. best
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Apr 26, 2010
Unfortunately, if you are a for sale by owner, Trulia does not allow the post--however, you can try blogging about the property--if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you--just ask--or, consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into Trulia.
Judy Boyle, Agent, Marlborough, MA
Mon Apr 26, 2010
Hi Vin,

If you list your home for a FLAT FEE (TDB) with an agent who subscribes to the Multiple Listing Service, you will enjoy the benefits of a "feed" into hundreds of Real Estate Websites, including Trulia.

Feel free to contact me for more information and/or assistance in going this route!

Judy Boyle
RE/MAX Signature Properties
judyboyle1@verizon.net
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sun Apr 25, 2010
If you decide you'd prefer to list your home for sale, explore services that will enable you to activate your listing on the MLS. You need that kind of exposure to reach the biggest target audience or you will be buried in a sea of property listings.

However, please make sure you engage a professional at one point --- especially when it comes to writing the contract, getting disclosures to make sure you protect your a__, using a title company to provide information and ensure that you can/wll provide clear title, etc.

J.M.Jones -…, , Massachusetts
Sun Apr 25, 2010
Vin, You absolutely can sell your own home.
Of course it is always better top have an agent, they simply have access to so much more that can help you, it really is worth the fee if you get the right person, but, that said, you do not NEED anyone but yourself and a lawyer.
Best of luck and if you decide that you might want to seek out an agent - I suggest Century 21 - they are the largest in my opinion and the best but everyone knows that already.

I truly wish you the best with it.

J 978-335-9092