Can anyone recommend a good estate liquidation/antique sales company near Westport, CT?

Asked by Massgal, Massachusetts Mon Apr 12, 2010

Before my grandmothers house can be sold, the contents (some tag sale type, some valuable antique collections) must be sold. Any advice?

Answers

7
Alexhartenba…, Home Buyer, Westport, CT
Sun Feb 7, 2016
Don't live in community anymore. Need referralsipp800
Mary Ann &…, Agent, Westport, CT
Sat Jul 5, 2014
Hi--We're with Berkshire Hathway HomeServices in Westport and we are connected to Doyle New York--a well known auction house. I also have a few other names I could give you. If you need help with the sale of your grandmother's home--we would be happy to speak with you. Please feel free to get in touch. Mary Ann Laurita
I hadn't thought of contacting an auction house for estate liquidation. It would make sense to contact them if you have some antiques or valuables to sell. Otherwise, I would probably just hold some kind of garage sale to liquidate all the belongings the family doesn't take. http://www.sandiegoestateservices.com/estate.html
Flag Wed Oct 22, 2014
Betty Stroll, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi..

There is an excellent estate sale company called Bella. They will come out and inspect the property to see what is of value, assist in the clean out and then place your home for sale on the market. I would be delighted to assist you with the number. Please send me your name and number and I will call you.
Good Luck with your sale..

Betty Stroll William Raveis Real Estate
203-682-4327
Betty Stroll, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Sun Sep 5, 2010
Hi..

Good Luck with your sale..

Betty Stroll William Raveis Real Estate
203-682-4327
Darcy Sledge, , Westport, CT
Thu Jun 24, 2010
Westport has a furniture consignment place on the Post Road, directly across from The Westport Inn, and next to the Goodwill. They have decent stuff and will pick up your furniture for you. I sold a few pieces of furniture there - I took a digital photo over to them to get an estimate of the sales price before I agreed to consign the furniture. They have a website called http://www.fine2consign.com and they also do estate sales for entire households. 203-256-9930. One word to the wise: I also consigned some fine china to another Consignment place in Westport, and it was for a set period. I was unaware that I needed to contact them at the end of the consignment period. I assumed that they would call me. When I went there shortly after the consignent period to pick the unsold china and IT WAS GONE - THEY HAD GOTTEN RID OF IT WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME. So be careful!
Carol Barbour, Agent, New Canaan, CT
Tue May 25, 2010
I've seen Reminisce with Kathy do great work at house s filled with all types of stuff, from artwork to chatchkis.
203-386-9995.

Carol Barbour
Prudential CT Realty
203-550-1691
DANIEL LOREN…, , Trumbull, CT
Tue Apr 13, 2010
Brasswell galleries in Norwalk deals with the buying and selling of antiques, their # is 203-847-1234. As far as the tag sale items your best bet is to get a hold of a local newspaper and see who does that on the weekend edition.
Daniel Lorenzetti