Can anyone give their opinion of "The Shores" in Rockwall? Or Turtle Cove?

Asked by Sharon, Kendall Park, NJ Thu Jul 24, 2008

Just sold my house in NJ (in 8 days...what a surprise) so my husband & I are in a whirlwind & have to be out by
8/28/08. We loved Rockwall with the lake and harbor area. After a drive to Texas we'll be staying with my daughter
in Crandall & we're giving ourselves 2 weeks to find a home. We're empty nesters who do not want a 55 community but we would like a community with a pool & golf. I'm moving from a 1600 sq. ft. home but would like
about 2000 square feet. But Where? Any recommendations?

Answers

9
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Aug 5, 2008
Size of homes here is only the living space, which can be a shock if you were in a 1,600 sf home with a full basement. We have no basements. Often garage space is stolen for storage or an outbuilding (shed) is used. Fifteen years ago our 2,000 square foot house would not fit into our new 2,600 sf house here, because our full basement was pretty much loaded with stuff.
We like the Shores and the view over the lake is nice. There are many nice places to find here, but this is a whole other country. After we spent years down 206, we know. Personally, Chandler's appeals to me more, but there are plenty of nice places down toward Heath or up along the shore north of 66.
How close you want to be to I-30 and shopping is one thing. How close to the water or on the water is another. How much space between the neighbors. And whether you're gated in or not..This is all besides how much to spend.
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Oh... almost forgot, Turtle Cove is a very quaint community and it has a community pool but no golf. It's very quiet there... may be too quiet..

Naima
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Jul 24, 2008
If you are looking for golf and a community pool The Shores would be a good fit. It's a huge master planned community with a country club, several parks. It's a very diverse community with many families and then there are some people that are empty nesters too.

There is also Chandler's Landing which is a gated community and a few others to share with you.

I'll be happy to send you listings of what is available and show you around. I am very close by.

Naima
214-289-8555
naima@sumner-realty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.sumnerrealty.com
Ed Hale, Home Seller, Rockwall, TX
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Sharon,
We are selling our home in the Shores. We are less than a block from the pool and tennis courts. We have lived there for 3 and 1/2 years and are moving because I am in the Air Force and have been reassigned to the east coast. The Shores is a great neighborhood with a mix of all kinds of families. The best part besides the three living rooms and the media room with built in speakers is the master suite is on the ground floor! Please feel free to contact us or take a look at our house below. The MLS number is 11403154. Good luck!

Ed H.
Dianne Sanch…, Home Seller, Lone Oak, TX
Thu Jul 9, 2009
We have lived at the shores for 10 1/2 years and really enjoy the community spirit. Very friendly with lots of different activities held at the country club throughtout the year. The HOA helps keep the neighborhood well maintained and attractive. They do not allow extended parking on the street which is a safety issue.

Dianne Sanchez
DMM Designs
Interior Design
(972) 772-6900
Web Reference:  http://www.dmmdesigns.com
Worried4, Home Seller, Rockwall, TX
Mon May 18, 2009
I live at "The Shores" in Rockwall. It is a quiet community they provide all the ammenties you want. We have the golf club, small fitness center and community pool. Everyone is friendly people greet you in the morning or when going for walks. The only thing I don't like are some of the HOA rules. You can't park any cars in front of your house for long periods of time. If you have visitors that stay over they will have to park their cars in the back.
We have plenty of families who live here and retirees. Most people who live here are from out of state. One of our neighbors is from California my other neighbor is from NY. We have lived in Dallas all our lives and wanted to retire in Rockwall by the water. We too are empty nesters. We love it here with the Harbor and seeing Rockwall grow.
But we have had our share of problems with some of the builders. You have to be careful when buying a home here. Always ask about the foundation. If you have been here you would see that most homes are on hills. We had our home built on a hill and we have a view of the lake just outside our front door. But we have had non-stop foundation problems. Yes, we did get it fixed and we have a lifetime warranty but the cracks keep coming. Just be careful and Good Luck.
Claudia Holt, , 75087
Tue Aug 5, 2008
Sharon: Since most of the subdivisions are not far away, we can drive them so you can get the feel of each of them. In the meantime, why don't you email me and I will send you a list with a sample of the subdivisions. Hope this will save you some time.
Web Reference:  http://realnetrealty.net
Claudia Holt, , 75087
Tue Jul 29, 2008
Wow! Rockwall will be a real change for you. I moved from NY in 1976 and love it here. You might also consider Lakeside Village. Lakeside Village has a Mediterranean syte to their homes. It has golf, tennis, community center, clubhouse and pool. It is also close to Buffalo Creek Golf Course.

I live in the Shore which as mentioned offers all that you are looking for.

Why don't you give me a call when you two get into Rockwall.

I am a Real Estate Broker and my husband is a real estate attorney. He keeps me out of trouble. My office is close by Turtle Cove and Ridge Road.

Claudia - 972 771-6677
Web Reference:  http://www.realnetrealty.net
Terry Philli…, Agent, Rockwall, TX
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Turtle Cove's homeowner's assoc. dues cover the maintenance of the front and side yards of the homes there (just not the back). In addition to The Shores & Turtle Cove, Lakeside Village is nice and well as Chandler's Landing. My office is in Rockwall and if I can help you, please emal me @ terry.phillips@coldwellbanker.com or my cell phone # is 214-533-7301.